32 year marriage over, did she cheat on me?

BrokenHeartedinAR

whichwayisup
Thanks for your honesty, but man is it hard to accept.

Ouch, I feel for you.

Okay, two things could be going on, and sadly I think it's the latter.

1)She just has got bored and allowed herself to fall for another man and has lived in a fog, living a double life behind your back and she's so caught up in it. One day all of it will fall, she'll have a huge reality check and come running back to you, begging for forgiveness and for you to take her back.

2)She's done. She's already grieved the loss of the marriage and shut off emotionally and detached. She has fallen for someone else and really does want a D.

The flag here? Her saying something about it to one of your kids. That she doesn't care if others find out about her A.

Sorry that she hurt you so deeply.

How old are your kids?

imtooconfused
And now I'm wondering why you are asking that question.

I don't mean to seem harsh or judgmental, but from your description of your reconciliation with your husband, it sounded like you had more emotion (bitterness) about the breakup with the XOM and that staying in the marriage was merely "worth a shot". Choosing the lesser of two evils in relationships can create more pain in the long run. Furthermore, from the cheatee's point of view, being the consolation prize doesn't do much for one's self-respect.

I am glad to hear, though, that you two seem to have gotten beyond all of those issues and appear to be on the mend.