, relationship crisis. I don't know if what I did was right? ?

A couple of days ago I decided to put my long distance relationship of 3 years on an "emotional break." This was the first time I had ever done something like this, since we basically talk to each other everyday and do most every online activity everyday. We're really close, but his general lack of empathy and consideration for me was pissing me off. I clearly told him I just needed a couple of days away to clear my head and see if some time away could cool things so to speak.

Well after a couple of days I noticed he was acting odd, like sending me weird texts just as I log on and disappearing. My gut instinct told me something was "off." I ended up logging onto his facebook. I remembered his password from a while back to upload some vacation photos of ours. I wish I hadn't poked around because he was flirting with this woman he's known for years, who is married. He told me he always had a bit of a crush on her, but that they were strictly friends. I thought, OK fine. But then I read their recent texts, he was basically trying to get her on skype and masturbate on cam. Before that he was saying he'd always been faithful, and "was going crazy" due to our rough patch. I just felt like my soul was crushed. I have always been 100% faithful to him and didn't suspect he'd do something like this.

I then talked to the woman on Facebook, since she is on my friends list too and showed her the damning texts. She apologized for "tolerating it" but they never actually did anything on cam and that she seems him as a friend and "brother." I kind of trust her and its not like I have any damning evidence they actually did the cam stuff...I'm just really depressed right now and want to know the best course of action...I'm just so conflicted about all this.

TaraMaiden

Turn the 'break' into a 'break up'.

It's more honest.

You already had doubts, misgivings and mixed feelings about this relationship.

When people want a 'break' it usually means their gut instincts that things are not good on planet "us" are spot-on.

You would be best served if you just ended it.

were there stipulations on your break? Because usually a break means either one can do anything that they want, and it appears he did that.

If you didn't want him to mess around then you shouldn't have gone on a break.

• Author
were there stipulations on your break? Because usually a break means either one can do anything that they want, and it appears he did that.

If you didn't want him to mess around then you shouldn't have gone on a break.

Yes. I made it clear what my definition of a break was. =( Thanks for the replies.