remain friends or cut him loose?

FaithInTheDark

Theres this guy i know and ive liked him since we met. He dated my old friend for a year and then we hooked up a few months after they broke up. I can tell hes not over his ex. Hes been honest with me and explained he just wants to be friends and isnt ready for anything. ... weve been spending alot of time together ..hes been reaching out alot..and im realizing im going to get hurt. This weekend he said "i cant get involved in any relationships. I want to stay friends and not just be hooking up .your beautiful. Its not just you i dont have the urge to sleep around with anyone. IIm waiting to fall in love and find my fairy tale ending"... i said i understood.

Well that night we were drunk and had sex...i stayed over like two days . He said i had a feeling if we got drunk wed sleep together....

He hasnt led me on and i guess its obvs i want more then he does. I am sooo lonely.

I want to remain friends but realize i need to keep my distance so i dont get hurt....what should i do. I wish i could make him commit but i should save myself being hurt. Hes a good guy. Any advice??

I think the fact that you two slept together after seemingly coming to an agreement that you wouldn't be hooking up anymore shows that a friendship is unlikely to work. You guys couldn't stick to that agreement for even 24 hours. So you should probably expect those slip-ups to happen as long as you're friends with him. You'll probably just end up hurt and confused every time they happen.

Save yourself the heartache and accept what he told you - that he doesn't want a relationship with you and does not want to hook up anymore. You want more, so a friendship is impossible.

• Like 1