internet love

jessa

i have this prob

i really like this guy we meet on the internet we get along great he lives in italy and i live america i have seen a pic of him but he has not seen one of me i am a little fluffy and scared he will not like me

he calls me like everyother day and we talk its great

do you think that the the thing called love is true or am i kidding myself??

Love? Where did that come from? My boyfriend sits in front of me and chats to girls. He's never sent any pictures, given his phone number once to someone he already knew, but no pictures. Slow it down!!! Men in chatrooms, better yet, any room will lie. You can't say you really love him because you don't actually know him. Take your time and don't jump into a love coma.

i have this prob i really like this guy we meet on the internet we get along great he lives in italy and i live america i have seen a pic of him but he has not seen one of me i am a little fluffy and scared he will not like me he calls me like everyother day and we talk its great do you think that the the thing called love is true or am i kidding myself??

dear jessa,

there is a possibility that the way you feel is love, love comes in the most unexpected place and time......my suggestion to you is why not you two meet each other personally. by this way you could go out and really get to know each other personally. don't worry about your apperance cause it wont matter if you two have this special chemistry with each other. good luck!!! =)

The big principle here is to come to the realization that you CANNOT substitute virtual interactions for real human relationships. The Internet is not a place where realistic human conditions, such as love, develop in a healthy manner. You can initially MEET people here, but trying to carry on some fantasy relationship is just that, a fantasy. It doesn't make a difference that you talk on the phone with him either. It is crucial that people understand that the Internet is NOT based in humanity and actuality. What you are experiencing is most assuredly not love. You found some fellow who you enjoy talking with, so essentially a foreign friend at this point. It would do you well not to try to read more into it than that.