stupid question for the guys

Yumi

Okay guys... suppose a girl was going to give you something for Christmas, and she didn't know anything about men's clothing and she didnt like giving gift certificates. You consider this girl special and sent her about 20 bithday presents that cost about $45 to ship alone... so she feels like she owes you pretty big. This gift has to be physically small, because it has to fit on a plane, but money is no object. So, you open this box and it's the best thing you ever could have imagined.... What is it? LOL... in other words I dont know how to shop for guys... girls you can answer this too, what kinds of things do your boyfriends like? The only things I EVER bought for a guy before were a wallet for my dad and a DVD for my ex... not romantic at all.....

A Watch...it can be romantic and expensive. Although I really don't see the obligation for you to buy him anything overly expensive just because he spent alot on you.

(Dammnit...I hate that "keeping score" mentality)

And No,...this is not a stupid question!

Go with a watch, you can't go wrong.

A watch is a pretty good choice,escpecially if you have it engraved with something memorable. Maybe a Palm Pilot or a laptop,since a lot of guys have techno-lust.Or hockey tickets to his favourite team !!( Or the jersey of his favourite player!)

But the truth is,most gifts I 've received that I cherished weren't expensive at all. In fact,expensive gifts are a bit awkward sometimes.What I (and most men I think) really value in a gift is how much thought went into it.It's how much the person shopped for it with you in mind. Something that shows you understand him,or think highly of him.

Why do you have to surprise him, just ask him what he wants.

Then you know you can't go wrong.

Okay guys... suppose a girl was going to give you something for Christmas, and she didn't know anything about men's clothing and she didnt like giving gift certificates. You consider this girl special and sent her about 20 bithday presents that cost about $45 to ship alone... so she feels like she owes you pretty big. This gift has to be physically small, because it has to fit on a plane, but money is no object. So, you open this box and it's the best thing you ever could have imagined.... What is it? LOL... in other words I dont know how to shop for guys... girls you can answer this too, what kinds of things do your boyfriends like? The only things I EVER bought for a guy before were a wallet for my dad and a DVD for my ex... not romantic at all.....

suss out if there's anything in particular that he wants. with my ex, when it was getting close to his birthday, i'd listen more carefully for the times where he'd say, "i'd love one of those", "i want to get one of these oneday" etc. or just ask him if there's anything special he has his eye on. just make sure that someone in his family isn't getting him the same gift.

or alternatively, dress yourself up in a big red bow and you can be his present! then take him out for dinner to his favourite kind of restaurant, or on a nice picnic with his favourite foods and a little birthday cake and make the day his to do whatever he wants with you.

but remember - he may have spent a fair amount of money on you, but when you love someone, it's not about being even. it's the thought that counts. as cliched as that sounds, it really is. the more thought that goes into a present means so much more than the more money that went into it.

...i forgot the part about being small enough to fit on a plane....but then again, you'd fit on a plane.....

suss out if there's anything in particular that he wants. with my ex, when it was getting close to his birthday, i'd listen more carefully for the times where he'd say, "i'd love one of those", "i want to get one of these oneday" etc. or just ask him if there's anything special he has his eye on. just make sure that someone in his family isn't getting him the same gift. or alternatively, dress yourself up in a big red bow and you can be his present! then take him out for dinner to his favourite kind of restaurant, or on a nice picnic with his favourite foods and a little birthday cake and make the day his to do whatever he wants with you. but remember - he may have spent a fair amount of money on you, but when you love someone, it's not about being even. it's the thought that counts. as cliched as that sounds, it really is. the more thought that goes into a present means so much more than the more money that went into it.