Am I in love with my best friend?

Heather1114

This has been bothering me for a while. I think I may be in love with my best friend. I need help. However we are both girls.

We met a year and a half ago through an outside of school thing (although I am going to her school next year coincidentally and it's all girls). At first, we were friendly but in the past 10 months we have become Inseparable. People often joke that we are sisters even though I am Asian and she is white and we share the same name. We talk every night. Often I find myself waiting for her to log on so we can talk.

I have never had a crush on a girl, but I think that she is stunning. She is just gorgeous. Everything she does is perfect. I often find myself trying to Impress her, look good around her, Etc.

I think about her all the time. I smile like an idiot when someone mentions her or when I THInk of her.

I also get really weird around her. I can't control it. She can also make me do anything that i might not want to do (like move something for her, give her a piggy back ride, etc)

She recently got a bf and I feel kinda jealous.

She makes me smile and I'm happy around her. I am comfortable telling her anything and she tells me anything as well. I trust her with all my heart. I'd do anything for her.

I get butterflies or feel really nervous around her.

We hug all the time and it's the best feeling in the world. We often say "I love you" in a friend kind of way (although she usually says it before me or with lots of hearts if its via text) but I can't help thinking its something more?

She also says that I've saved her life, but she's saved mine (I'm bipolar). I can't imagine living without her.

Am I in love? If so what should I do? Thank you. So much.

Grumpybutfun

Heather:

It is somewhat common for people to have crushes on people they are in contact with every day. This has nothing to do with gender, but is a product of admiration for someone you spend an inordinate amount of time with.

I will point out that since she has a boyfriend, she may not feel the same way you do. I think it would be prudent to take a few steps back from the drama of your own confused feelings right now. Take a clearer look at when these feelings began and what events preceded them.

It is very risky to form an emotional attachment to someone whom you may lose as a friend if she doesn't reciprocate those same feelings. Be cautious and remember that friendship can inspire love as well as romantic feelings. It doesn't mean that you should act on them without being clear about how you feel.

Grumps