Should I text him or wait for him to text me?

So I have recently started talking to a guy that I have known for a year. We talked this whole week everyday until midnight. At first I was ok with it because we would just have friendly conversations but in Friday it got kind of awkward for me. He said he wanted to see me by myself so he can tell me how cute I looked and all that. I tried to play it off by saying that I bet that is what he said to every girl and of course he said no. The problem is I don't like him that way. I like him like a friend only. Yesterday he texted me but I read the text and forgot to reply. He hasn't texted me since and he always texts me good morning. I kinda want to text him but I don't know if that would give me false hopes. Please help should I text him or just wait for him to text me?

SoulJazzBlues

If you don't like him like that why do you

A) care who texts who first

B) that he hasn't texted you good morning

C) spend every day talking?

• Like 1
  • Author

It's not that I care who messages who first but I don't want to give h false hopes and I think he might have gotten made because I didn't reply. On the other hand I do want to talk to him and I do care because we were starting to become really close friends and he made me laugh and I just miss talking to him but I don't want to make him feel bad just so I can talk to him.

SoulJazzBlues

I'm sorry but you're posting in the dating thread. I am going to assume these are dating issues.

It sounds to me like you want his full attention without giving him any benefits. I'm not sure whether you're concerned whether he feels bad.

If you don't want to give a guy false hope you

A) tell them

B) don't spend all day talking to a guy who is giving you compliments and you know he feels more for you. Guys don't just give compliments willy nilly

I think you like the attention frankly,

• Author

Yea I didn't know where else to put it sorry. But yea I'm not fishing for compliments I just want to talk to him like like did when we first started talking. Ever since I saw that he wanted to be more than friends I tried to stop talking to him as much but I still like talking to him. I just want to know if I should text him to see if his mad or just wait for him to text me.

InsaneTrombone
Yea I didn't know where else to put it sorry. But yea I'm not fishing for compliments I just want to talk to him like like did when we first started talking. Ever since I saw that he wanted to be more than friends I tried to stop talking to him as much but I still like talking to him. I just want to know if I should text him to see if his mad or just wait for him to text me.

Stop making him wait to try and guess what's going on in your head. We can't read minds. Tell him how you feel when he says whatever makes you feel awkward and he will stop. We are simple creatures.

starrynightz45

I'm not trying to be mean here, but when he was texting you every single day until midnight, didn't you think he might be interested in you? Guys don't do that sort of thing unless they're interested.

Heck, most girls don't even do that. I don't do that with male friends that I have no interest in - we text sporadically if at all. It seems to me you kind of led the guy on a bit. He didn't text good morning because you never responded, and he took it as a sign that you're either busy or not into talking to him. You can't really expect the guy, who is obviously interested in you, who you are NOT interested in, to continue texting you just becacuse you want to be friends. He doesn't want to be just friends and this is something that takes 2 people.

You are leading him on

I don't text any friend everyday til midnight, I wouldnt even text a guy I'm dating that much! The good morning texts, the flirty "you say that to every girl tee hee"....girl he justifiably thinks you're interested in more.

melodicintention

I have one simple rule about texting anyone, and especially guys. If I wonder if I should send it, then I don't. If I am not confident I have something constructive to say I say nothing.

Plus I never chase after guys. You can't find a guy who will chase you if you are chasing them. Playing tag does't work with two ITs. If you are asking should you text him in hopes that it will get him to text you, then NO do not text him. Find something else to do with your time. It's called BEING (vs. "playing") hard to get.

If you want a man who will call and text you a lot, then you have to hold out for that type of guy.

You can't make him chase you, at least not for long!