How do you talk to an evader?

All Hell breaking out

All Hell breaking out

How on Earth can I have a normal conversation with a guy who lies to me all the time and KNOWS I know he is lying?

Sometimes I wonder if he has a mental illness or schizophrenia because he even forgets what he lies about and changes facts all the time. Like, he told me he had this interview on November 19, but it is really on December 19th. Of course he lies about more serious things than this, but I can't help wondering if he has a mental problem.

Even when I have confonted him about his lies, he just looks at me like an imbecile, laughs like one and denies it.

How do you tell the difference if he is really mentally incompetent or playing a highly sophistacted game?

A guy who would lie about something as insignificant as the date of an interview has got mental problems. If his misrepresentations are about things that aren't important and are pretty meaningless, he does have a problem that needs to be dealt with. There is a short circuit in his brain somewhere that may require psychotherapy, medication, or both. It seems he lies when it is totally unnecessary to cover his actions or save your feelings.

Now you have a more serious problem. You are supposedly normal and you know the difference between truth and deception. You know this guy lies through his butt but you remain with him.

You have no room to bixtch about this. Either tolerate his bull or get away from him. That's what legs are for. I don't see how anyone can have a satisfactory relationship of any kind with a pathological liar, no matter what the cause of the lying is.

So it seems both of you have problems that need attention.