Interested in a bartender

Hey guys, been a while since I've been on here! Hope everyone is well!

So last week, I was went on a date with a guy I met around Christmas. He told me to meet him at this local bar. I arrived a little bit earlier never been to this bar in town before, and I see this guy I knew when I was kid. We were more acquaintances went to the same church etc etc. So, when I see him I'm like "I know you", and he looked an me and was like "yeah we do know each other"?.

So we chat up for a bit, and then my date comes in. I was a little dissapointed because I think at the point I was more interested in staying and chatting with my bartender friend than my date. I'm not rude, so I leave and go on my date. Ask my bartender friend when he works, and tell him I'll come visit him the next day. Didn't though.

Date was super awkward. I don't know if I haven't seen you in a while, you can't just assume that everything is back to normal, so that gives you permission to stick your tounge down my throat lol.

So, yesterday I go back to visit mr.bartender. He grabs my hand holds on to it for a while us gazing for more than 5 seconds I don't know haha. He compliments my polka dotted dress, and says I look pretty. And then comments, "no hot date"?. I laugh and tell him what happened. I stay there for a little bit, and I tell him that I have to go, and he's like where ya going"? I tell him I am going to a happy hour with some co-workers, and then he tells me that he took care of my first drink for me". I feel bad stay for one more drink, become friends with some strangers at the bar...and stayed longer.

I did end up asking for his number he's in a band, so I tried to crack a joke about it, and he gave it to me. When I left nothing magical happened.

So, I know it's a bartender's job to flirt, and give free drinks to keep people coming back. But do y'all think there maybe could be something there? Also, how do you go about dating a bartender? I definitely want to see him, but I don't want to look clingy by showing up every Friday.

Thanks guys!