why would you fall for this?

what is it with people who believe a prospective SO when they say "well, i am in a relationship right now but it is ending soon" or "i have a GF/BF but things aren't working out" or "i am in a relationship but only because i don't know how to break it off without hurting her/his feelings."

i have a feeling most of these unsuspecting SO's would be very surprised to hear how they are being talked about, and that no problems were ever evident to them.

HELLO... obviously they aren't going to say they are happy in whatever relationship they are in when they are trying to get extras from you. otherwise they would say "well, i am in a relationship and while it is going well and i have what i need and want from this person, i certainly wouldn't mind getting a little strings-free side action from you"

there is the argument that if they were really happy, they wouldn't be looking elsewhere. so yeah, maybe they might be unhappy, of course. but whatever happened to finishing one thing before you start another? does no one have standards?

don't these poor fools realize that even if the unlikely happens and the creep breaks up with the person he/she is so "unhappily" with that they will be the next one subjected to behind the scenes back-stabbing when another interested person comes along? that while you are sitting around thinking about how wonderful your relationship is, your SO is out shmoozing chicks by belittling you--the same way he landed you in the first place?

who is going to admit to being happy in a relationship when they are just trying to get a piece from you, when they know they won't get that piece unless they convince you that you are number one in comparison?

i mean, for lack of a better word--DUH.

* DISCLAIMER i understand there are exceptions.

(unfortunately, however,everyone thinks they are the exception.)

I was thinking of dating this girl and she kept saying "I'm sorta going out with this guy" or "I don't think of him that much" - and it turns out she was seeing him twice a week.

Basically when people say those kind of things they want you to make a move or have a certain hope. Why deal with the drama? You want someone COMPLETELY SINGLE. You don't need this deceit, you got a life.

People are just stupid. I know to stay the hell away from girls (or people in general) who are "in a relationship, but it is not working out". Unfortunately, I had to be a complete idiot and fall for a few of these girls before I finally learned my lesson.

• Author

yeah, i can definitely see how this COULD happen, i mean if you really want to believe someone likes you, i guess you'll listen to anything.

it's just sad to me when everyone who comes here says "he says he is in a relationship, but that it sucks and his girlfriend's a bitc*/her boyfriend's mean to her and that it will end soon...FOR ME!" i mean literally, almost EVERYONE!

it's like the only person who doesn't see it is the one who needs to the most.