girlfriend seeing ex, i am jealous.

ive been seeing this girl a couple of months, and havent met any of her friends really yet... a few days ago i wanted to go up and see her - she had plans which is understandable. she told me she was going to see another friend (a female friend for a ladies day?). later today she tells me she had gone to see an X boyfriend for lunch and that she didnt tell me earlier because she knew itd piss me off (which it probably would of). well, lying too me had the same effect, we had an arguement where basically i got all angry yet ended up being the one apologising (?)... no idea why, and now i am utterly confused. her X is a friend of hers, but i cant help but think X's are usually only there for a reason. She tells me the only reason she wanted to see him was to catch up (she is fighting with other friends atm or something, so she "needs all the friends she can get") she hasnt seen him for 4 months besides today. I know it was all innocent, but i am just totally confused, i love her, and she (for all i know?) loves me. I am trying to type this out as unbias as i can, because i could probably skew some **** to make it look worse from my point of view.

i really dont think anything would happen with him and her, but at the same time i am jealous of her seeing an ex (admittedly a friend as well)... just curious as to what i should do. previous relationships for me have ended in cheating, so i have reason to be wary (no i dont think she is cheating at all)... but i guess it is making me feel as if i have to make some sort of decision, when really i should be just going with the flow...

yes i am insecure... but i am just basically confused... and have no idea what the hell i am supposed to do now.

Dude, the good part of this is that your girl is LETTING YOU KNOW. Most likely she will not go back to him but the Ex probably wants to be with her just like thousands of guys that want to get in your gf pants. Personally I trust girls that tell me if they're going to hang out with their ex rather than they saying "I'm hanging out with a friend" making it sound all mysterious.

You want someone you can trust and tell you things, and this girl is doing that. Chill out man and keep doing what you're doing.