Not sure what he wants

zoey_confused1234

So me and this guy have known eachother all our lives. I love him like a brother and he loves me like a sister. Him and I are very close until one day we had a fight and didnt talk for a year. During this time he went to collage in America and before he ccame bck for vacation him and I started talking again. We stopped fighting and plannned to meet up. I went over to spend the night at his house with his brother and 2 cousins. While we watched a movie we started cuddling and kissing eachother in a not so brotherly/sisterly way. I fell asleep in his arms while watching a movie and it was so amazing and romantic. We said I love you to eachother and it was great. We both enjoyed what happened and don't regret it . when we talked about it and then I started to ask about his girlfriend. He says he cant leave her and he loves her eventhough he wants to leave her. I am so confused on what he wants and we continue to act in a non brotherly/sistery way. I feel guilty that his gf doesnt know and idk if this should continue or not. I know he isnt using me because we've known eachother all our lives and i know he wont hurt me. He says im perfect and so beautiful and he just makes me love myself. What should i say to him and what should i do.

• Author
zoey_confused1234

So me and this guy have known eachother all our lives. I love him like a brother and he loves me like a sister. Him and I are very close until one day we had a fight and didnt talk for a year. During this time he went to collage in America and before he ccame bck for vacation him and I started talking again. We stopped fighting and plannned to meet up. I went over to spend the night at his house with his brother and 2 cousins. While we watched a movie we started cuddling and kissing eachother in a not so brotherly/sisterly way. I fell asleep in his arms while watching a movie and it was so amazing and romantic. We said I love you to eachother and it was great. We both enjoyed what happened and don't regret it . when we talked about it and then I started to ask about his girlfriend. He says he cant leave her and he loves her eventhough he wants to leave her. I am so confused on what he wants and we continue to act in a non brotherly/sistery way. I feel guilty that his gf doesnt know and idk if this should continue or not. I know he isnt using me because we've known eachother all our lives and i know he wont hurt me. He says im perfect and so beautiful and he just makes me love myself. What should i say to him and what should i do.

His relationship with the GF has reached the steady calm boring stage. Now he needs an OW on the side. He probably thought: "She may very well do the job".

YOu probably think this is a sign he truly loves you. If he is serious about you he should break with the GF and have a proper relationship with you. In any event it seems he loves you as an OW, but not enough to be the GF.

• Like 2
JustAReformedGirl

As children, you may have started brotherly/sisterly, but as you've matured, those feelings sometimes change.

My suggestion? Talk things over with him. If he's really so happy with his girlfriend, he shouldn't be doing these things with you. he may not intentionally hurt you, but if this continues, you will wind up hurt.

He thinks you're beautiful and perfect...perhaps he's started making comparisons between you and his gf. It's hard to say if he started dating her, subconsciously thinking of you (while making those comparisons) or if after ending up with her, he realized how he felt about you. If it's the latter, he's likely very emotionally confused on who he loves, and who he wants to be with.

Talk to him. But in all honesty, even after you talk, I suggest ending it. if he wants to be with you, he needs to break it off with his girlfriend; if things continue down this course, he'll only wind up hurting her and you, both, not to mention himself.

• Like 1

He cheated.

- no loyalty

Loves his girlfriend and can't leave her but wants to leave her?

- irrational and makes excuses

If he really loved or liked you more than his gf, he would drop her for you in an instant. Follow Smoocherific's advice and maybe get some input from the other forum.