How to tell her that she is the one..!

So here is the story..

I have this girl in my office. Its been a year that we have known each other.

We were only good friends, used to talk and laugh together, until about a couple of months back when I actually realized that I was falling for her. She was going on leave for a long time and I was not sure whether I would be seeing her again or not. So I had to tell her my feelings. One morning at coffee I just told her how I felt (I was very nervous, never talked to girl like that before). It was not at all planned, very spontaneous words from me. She was taken by surprise. Her reaction was a mixed one. She said that I am a very good guy and a true gentleman, but she had not thought of me in that way earlier (One thing for sure, I am no more in the friend zone).

Now she is on leave for the last one month and a half, and would be returning to office after another one month. We still talk as friends(though very rarely). But I am falling for her since that day and can't stop thinking of her. When she comes back I want to make her realize how special she is for me and how much I love her. I will be the best man ever in every respect. I want to make her mine.

I know she is not seeing anyone else, has never been in a relationship, me neither. How do I make it work for me.

She is very sweet and simple. Will be very difficult to impress her, but I have to. Any suggestions on that?

JustAReformedGirl

From what you say she said, it really doesn't look like she has feelings for you beyond friendship. At the very least, not feelings she's acknowledged yet.

You can't "make her yours". She will decide, if she finds she has feelings of that nature for you, whether she wants to be with you, or not.

And in all honesty, you sound more like you're infatuated, than anything else. I'm not saying that can't become love, but I am saying, what with a lack of foundation between you, it's not likely, right now.

Don't force the subject with her; if she decides there's more than friendship there, she'll come to you.

• Author

Yes thats what even I know can or can't be done. It would all depend on how she feels or behaves in my presence. Definitely I won't impose anything on her. But are there certain things I shoukd take care of while with her.

One thing I can say, when we face each other next time, she would be having an impression of what I told her about my feelings.

• 2 weeks later...
lavenderlove

I think you sound so cute.

But saying that you like her as step #1 is very tricky. I think sort of easing her into it would have been a better idea, but hey, it's not too late.

I think you should just try your best at impressing her and do the whole courting thing, but keep in mind that even if she does like you, if you do all this in the work environment it may be awkward, she might feel embarrassed by it.

So be gentle and pay attention!

Try with something small, and by that I don't mean a smaller bunch of flowers, as oppose to a big one. I mean try to create a situation where you can get to know each other without all the pressure of it being like a date. Like the way you were chatting a lot, you obviously get along, so take it from there.

I agree with Rebel-Dynasty on the point that she will make up her own mind... but I believe that since you are the men and she is the woman you can pursue her like in the good old days...so romantic

Best of luck!

P.S.: us women may appear sweet and simple, we may be sweet but simple we never are :-)