1 drink can't hurt...

Can it? :confused:

What do you guys think? :o I am not really feeling like I am in any mood to date people given the current state of my life but well, I hardly ever go out and am I being mean by not giving people a chance? :(

Last week...A customer came in. Came to checkout. Was talking to me for a while. Asking about which days I work etc. I said monday to friday...ok so he came on tuesday. Twice. I was on break, he asked a colleague where I was but when he didn't want to leave a message he came back later. He asked me out for a drink. I said ok :) he gave me his number. Wednesday he came in as well and asked what time I finished. Then he texted me after work. He said he wanted to give me a lift home but he hadn't wanted to scare me. I said I use my bike...(1-I don't know him, 2-I don't want to look heavily dependent so early on).

Then on thursday morning we were talking more. He asked if I needed a lift, I said I was fine. He asked again when I start and finish work...

He asked if I had children. I said no. He said "thank God. I was praying to God you don't have any"...I asked why. He said "I want MY WOMAN to have kids for me only"

Ok lol :confused: understandable in some ways but we'd never even been for this drink so...did we need to talk about kids so early on? Lol...& I am not 'his' woman yet either.

He asked if I had ever dated white men (I am not white). I said I had never had relationship with one but had been out a couple of times with one or two.

He asked about my last relationship...lol.

I asked about his. He said he had been with the girl around four years and they had lived together for three...but they had only broken up two months ago :eek:....

Is that normal!? We all recover at different rates but wouldn't that be rebounding...?

He likes going out, drinking (and getting drunk he admitted to me)...& he smokes. I am not a smoker.

Hmmmm...I have my reservations. He doesn't seem like a bad person and I could go for a drink or two but a few flags have been raised for me.

Or am I just being paranoid...?

• Author

Thank you for the advice!!! :)

So I am not just being paranoid...& my instincts about it being not such a good idea were probably right.

Yeah the smoking...was the first dealbreaker for me. Maybe not the end of the world but I would certainly find it very difficult to put up with.

The kids thing...OMG. How offensive if I had said that yes, I do have them.

The drinking...lol. He is eastern european. My friend is from the same country...she said for those men there, drinking is the way to deal with life. We went out shopping. On the way we saw two men sitting on a bench. On the way back a few hours later, the same men were there on the same bench. Lol, she assured me they were drinking and they were from her country and this is typical behaviour for them...

Going out and enjoying getting drunk...maybe groping other women? Getting into fights? That is another thought which crossed my mind.