My ex finace cheated on me and dumped me why cant he leave me alone?

I currently ended a 3 year relationship with my finace. The problem is he cheated on me over the summer and it crushed me so bad. We got back together but things havent been the same he was so mean and demanding. It took a toll on my self esteem. He would not do anything I ask to ease some of the insecurities I had. For example, change his cell phone number and he would not. I have always trusted him with all my heart and I am not a jealous person. Anyway 2 weeks ago I decided I had enough. I met a nice guy whom I was interested in but we were only friends. I told my ex about him and he said it was over for good. Fine. On Friday night at 2:30 am the girl he cheated on me with called me from his cell phone to inform me that he did not want me to call him anymore and they were together now and would be married on Monday. When I ask why didnt he call she said he wanted her to. I ask to speak to him and I heard him say he didnt want to fight right now. I dont understand why he done this. He has hurt me enough so I am confused. Please help me understand.

On Friday night at 2:30 am the girl he cheated on me with called me from his cell phone to inform me that he did not want me to call him anymore and they were together now and would be married on Monday.

Well, that was fast work, wasn't it? And it's sweet that they were both that sloshed on Friday night...and that he is not even man enough to tell you to get lost.

I dont understand why he did this.

My advice is to not even try to understand his behavior. It's enough to know that his behavior is unacceptable. Probably even HE does not understand why he behaves the way he does, so how could you?