my mother doesnt understand me

Patty

I wish I could get my mother to understand me.I tell her all the time to get me to the doctors when I get in so much pain I can barely stand it.But she always likes to make me wait to see a doctor.I'm really sick of delaying my health,how can I make her understand?I'm just getting over a yeast infection in my mouth and now having bad pains in my neck and muscle stiffness. She tells me I can wait 2 more weeks cause I'm seeing the nearologist in 2 weeks,I tell her thats to long to wait when Im in this much pain.I cant drive ,so I cant go take myself to the doctors,its been such a rough year.Ive had ear,and bladder infections alot this year.And if I could drive I'd be there alot sooner.I wish I could make my mother understand its not good that I should delay my health.But I cant find the right words to make her realize I should be going to the doctor.I hope im better by christmas.I hope I can get my mother to understand,I tried telling her it does no good to wait,not when it comes to health.

Hello Patty,

I don't know where you live, but wherever it is, I'm sure that there is some type of public transportation--bus, subway, taxi, train, a friend or another family member who drives. I wonder how you get anywhere else without relying on your mother for transportation..shopping, going out, etc?

If you're not feeling well and need to see a doctor, I suggest you make the effort to on your own. Call up the doctor, set up an appointment, and GO. If she's made up her mind not to listen to you, then I don't think too much you say will change her. You just gotta take the initiative and do it on your own.

How old are you? If you're 16 and under, some places may require a parent to be with you, but I'm not too sure about that. Is that why you're not able to go by yourself? I've always wanted to be independent, and I've been trying to do that on my own since I was 16. Or could it be because of the doctor's bill? Does your mother pay it?

I hope you feel better.