Just friends or more than that?

Well I notice a situation happened in my colleagues circle which reminds me of what happened to me in the past.

There's this guy colleague who has a LDR with his girlfriend because he was relocated over to my country. There's another girl colleague (X) who's pretty close to him.

It looks like his girlfriend has stopped visiting and distance mode. Well i know that X is close to the guy, but Last night BBQ, I think there's some romance between them. They behave more like a pair than when his actual girlfriend come over. The thing is that Like she knows he has a girlfriend. Has she been waiting for him all along to take over? I noticed she didn't appear when his girlfriend was here, but then I have only met his girlfriend once.

It reminded me last time when my ex also being even closer to the girl who snatched him away than me. It makes me wonder if women should behave like hunters and be super close to not-available-guys?

• Author

But on a second thought, it seems ok for my friend to date that guy since the girlfriend probably has broken up with him. Am I siding my friend?