so, im gonna go for it, but how?

basically, there is no better time for me to tell the girl I like how I feel about her. Things have progressed well and it's pretty much do or die from here on in.

here's my question though... Is it acceptable, or a good idea, to do this over the phone? I'm really ready to do this now (and like I said, there is no better time), but due to busy and conflicting schedules, it's diffictult to actually do this in person.

I'd really like to tell her soon and go from there, and I would do it in person had we the time/opportunity to, but since i'm a little impatient now and have the easy opportunity to do this over the phone, is it a good idea, or possibly a bad one?

No, it's not acceptable at all. Be a man, square you shoulders, and look deep into her eyes and tell her.

I have heard from many girls that saying things like that over the phone or by email is a big NO NO in there book, so definitely wait until you can do it in person. It is a testimony to your character if you make the effort to get her somewhere where she won't feel like she is being pushed into a corner by your telling her you like her.