You guys think you got it hard? Try being short and a lesbian

I met this girl (friend of a friend) at a strip club last night. She was VERY obviously butch...short hair, clothes, the way she carried herself, etc. And very short (maybe 5 feet tall), and 50 years old. Her voice was very female though.

First thing I noticed was her friendliness. She hugged/shooked hands with every one and was just chatty and open right off the bat. Just let off a very cool vibe. My wife liked her immediately as well and they hit it off. We ended up just talking all night (which is saying something considering we were at a strip club) mostly listening to her tell us stories of the women she's been with. She pretty much knew every single stripper in the place and she pointed out a couple she had slept with. She was telling us about a 22 year she went out with recently (showed us a pic of them together and she was smoking hot) and my friend kept butting in to talk about a particular girl where they used to work together that EVERYONE wanted...but she ended up getting with her first (they were together for a while and the girl ended up breaking her heart). But, she didn't come off as "bragging" or a player...was mostly just answering our questions honestly, really.

Anyways...I just love stories like this. I mean, if you just saw her, you'd think there was NO way any this was true...but after speaking with her for such a short time, it's like there was no doubt she was telling the truth. It's crazy how much your perception of a person changes from simple communication and how "infective" a positive attitude is. Here's a woman who thought she was straight, even getting married and having two kids. But she was miserable and eventually she figured out why and "started over" and now she says she's never been happier in her life.

If this short, butch lesbian can meet, date, sleep with and be in relationships with women...surely the straight men have as good a chance, right? :)

• Like 1

If this short, butch lesbian can meet, date, sleep with and be in relationships with women...surely the straight men have as good a chance, right? :)

That sort of comparison isnt even the same.

"Ain't the same ****in' ballpark, it ain't the same league, it ain't even the same ****in' sport"(Samuel L Jackson reference)

Women that are BI and get with some other woman, is in no way a fair comparison saying "Well she got with them....surely a guy can too"

Its like seeing how some women love to hang out with gay men.....and then pointing that out to straight men, and telling them..."Those guys can hang out with women, why cant you?"

Edited by MrTurk
  • Like 3

I don't think height matters in a lesbian relationship. IMO, most women like taller men so they are able to feel more feminine and protected. For a lesbian woman, I don't think wanting to feel protected and feminine is one of the top priorities.

I don't think height matters in a lesbian relationship. IMO, most women like taller men so they are able to feel more feminine and protected. For a lesbian woman, I don't think wanting to feel protected and feminine is one of the top priorities.

First time I'm hearing this. Wow. Now I understand.

• Like 1
If they want to feel protected, wouldn't a medium height but well built guy be better than tall but scrawny one?

I don't know. I'm of the belief that height is only advantageous in basketball, but then again I'm not a female.

JuneJulySeptember

I think it's good that the other guys here try to give the strugglers some inspiration sometimes. I think a lot of us have trouble buying such a large leap.

In my own life, it has been very rare to see a guy do really bad with women (still in mid 20s) and go to doing really well, much less date strippers. In fact, I have never seen it.

But what I have seen is some guys who really struggled in dating, and I mean REALLY struggle, get and marry the one girl he really liked. I think the struggling guys can see that happening. And it has happened. :cool:

Whatever the point of this topic is, I don't see it.

I have no idea how a lesbian is compared to a straight guy when it comes to attracting other women.

• Like 1
JustAReformedGirl
I don't know. I'm of the belief that height is only advantageous in basketball, but then again I'm not a female.

I think when a straight woman feels safer with a taller man (assuming also somewhat built) it's a primitive thing. I've caught myself in those moments myself, with some of my male friends. There was otherwise no emotions toward them of that nature, but if we were out somewhere where a lot of people were-particularly other males-I did feel secure having my male friends around.

This is difficult for me to admit, because I'm generally one to fight my own battles, to hell with gender, lol. But, we can't always help some of our instinctual reactions.

Anyway, I agree with the point others have made, OP; the comparison of a lesbian doing well in her relationships doesn't really fit with straight males, and their relationship possibilities. Everyone has the potential to be happy in a relationship, or miserable in one-regardless of sexual orientation.

ROFL!

You're joking right? :lmao:

Women who are into women, don't have the same criteria as women who are into men.

• Author

Well, my post was more about attitude and confidence rather than discussing aspects of attraction.

And I don't care who you are...if you're a guy, you automatically have more "options" out there compared to a short, butch, lesbian, 50 year old with two kids.

I mean, think about that for a second.

Short. Butch lesbian. 50 years old. Two kids. And honestly, not a good looking butch lesbian either (in the sense that she did NOT look like an attractive man).

Gets with a bunch of hot women. No magic tricks or hocus pocus. Just straight up good attitude and confidence and fun to be around (from the little interaction I had with her).

You can take that for what you will. You can write it off as an anomaly...or you can try and learn something from it.

Granted I have no idea how hard it is for a lesbian woman to find dates or sexual partners, but I think it's nowhere near as hard as it is for the average straight man.

I also don't think that lesbians are looking for butchs who look like attractive men. If they were, then why not just date a man?

• Like 1
somedude81
Interesting take on the "who has it harder?" meme. And by 'interesting' I mean :confused:

Well, I certainly have it 'harder' than lesbians do ;)

• Like 1
sillyanswer
Well, I certainly have it 'harder' than lesbians do ;)

I was hoping someone would go there. :)

• Like 1
Well, my post was more about attitude and confidence rather than discussing aspects of attraction.

And I don't care who you are...if you're a guy, you automatically have more "options" out there compared to a short, butch, lesbian, 50 year old with two kids.

I mean, think about that for a second.

Short. Butch lesbian. 50 years old. Two kids. And honestly, not a good looking butch lesbian either (in the sense that she did NOT look like an attractive man).

Gets with a bunch of hot women. No magic tricks or hocus pocus. Just straight up good attitude and confidence and fun to be around (from the little interaction I had with her).

You can take that for what you will. You can write it off as an anomaly...or you can try and learn something from it.

*shrug*

This is like comparing an old apple to a brand new orange and trying to figure out which fruit will be eaten the most among human beings.

Give me a break.

Guys can you imagine your girl leaving you for a woman ?

Especially a short woman!!

First time I'm hearing this. Wow. Now I understand.

Everyone's got to have their cherry popped sometime. :)

• Like 1
Guys can you imagine your girl leaving you for a woman ?

Especially a short woman!!

Knowing myself and my ego I'd more than likely talk myself into believing she left because my penis was too big and scary.

• Like 1