Why do i still feel?

I have had a complicated love life for a long time now. For the past nearly three years I've been in a (semi-)commited relationship with a generally good guy who I am fully aware loves me and is completely commited to me. There are a couple things like his general temperment and lackluster sex life that are certainly what I consider small negatives in the relationship, though I do see a potential long-term future with this man. I'm generally at a point in my life where I'm looking to settle down within the next 5 years and eventually start a family and such. Well for the first almost 2 full years of my relationship with this man, who we'll call 'Luke', (for storyline purpose), I was cheating on a semi-consistent basis with one other man who we'll call 'Ben'. Ben was a man I used to work with and initially felt an extreme attraction to, at the time we worked together however I was in a different and unrelated commited relationship, and cheating never once entered my mind. (And just know I've never once cheated in my life before this recent scenario.) I moved and didn't see Ben for a while but when I returned to the city I ran into him at a party. (He's a DJ) And saw him at several after that before things started to heat up between us and despite Luke being my boyfriend at the time, I conciously decided to cheat. I went as far as to move in with Ben for a little while (and some other friends), but he always had a girlfriend himself. And eventually when my feelings had deeply developed for him he chose his girlfriend over me. And even walked away with over a thousand dollars I gave him towards my portion of moving. (which needless to say never happened). At that point I moved in with Luke and have been faithful since. The couple times I've seen Ben since I moved with Luke, he's hit on me constantly like nothing was out of the ordinary. And though he lied a lot to me, and practically robbed me, I still feel some type of feelings for him. I'm pretty happy with Luke, things have gotten better than ever between myself and Luke, so I just need to figure out. Why do I still on some level care for Ben? To others it nearly seems insane, that he has done me so wrong that how could I even be around him. Will it ever go away? I never actually had a relationship with him. I literally haven't seen or spoken to him in about half a year. But I still think about him all the time, why?!

Any sort of advice in this is appreciated.

I've just always felt permanantly lost in this.

Your relationship with "luke" started out as a lie and continues to be a lie. You were cheating on him. This relationship is a sham as a result and you are doing both of yourself a disservice by pretending it will be anything better in the future. Your subconscious will never allow it or allow you to be fully committed to "luke".

• Like 1