a women made a pass at me I think..

valicity

I was talking to a friend about my problems and about how it is gonna be hard to bring another man into my childrens life after the divorce and she said well who says it has to be a man.

Was she telling me she is interested ? or was she telling me I should become a lesbian?

I don't know what to think.

It is absolutely impossible for anyone at this forum to tell you what was on this woman's mind at the time. She could have been making a pass, she could have been talking about a dog, or she could have meant you don't need anyone at all.

She could have been making a strictly factual and academic statement, which didn't necessarily reflect her sexual persuasion. Now, if you know for a fact that she is a lesbian or is bisexual, that you might reliably assume that she was either making a pass at you or making a case for the gay lifestyle. If she was doing either of those, I think her statement was highly inappropriate. You will have to decide if you were offended or not.

But you should have asked her straight away at the time what she meant. If this is troubling you, call her now and ask HER. That's the only way you can get a realible answer to that question.