Going No Contact...with my platonic best friend?

purplemania

Long-story short, I met a guy about a year ago. I had a crush on him. We tried dating for a month, and it didn't work out.

He friendzoned me (yes, a male friendzoning a female :laugh:).

Conveniently enough, I entered my past relationship a month or so after that happened (call it a rebound if you will), which has ended 2 months ago. Meanwhile, it allowed us to develop a real friendship, and we're pretty close now.

Except, I noticed that I'm always the one initiating contact and I can't help but feel like I'm being taken for granted.

Especially because I still have feelings for him. :( When I think about him getting a girlfriend, I have a problem with that. I feel like I need to get away from him and clear my head for my own good. But at the same time, I want to make him value me more as a person. And I definitely do NOT want to cut him off for good because he means a lot to me, and he is a terrific friend.

Will ignoring him make him miss me and look at me as more of a challenge?

So far he didn't see you more than a friend.

NC is the best for you because you want more.

Don't consider him as a friend because you have feelings for him. You wish him as a friend because of these feelings and when they settle down you won't wish his company any more, IMO.

He might miss you as a friend, when you go NC. Yet not sure whether he'd reach out to you romantically because of NC.