how can I get over him?

bente

how can I get over him, when I always see him! and the problem is we've just broke up for about 3 weeks, and now I see him that he got a new one! I want to forget him! Is it right if I'll return those gifts that he gave me? 'cause for me that's one way on how I can forget him!

No, throw them away. Returning stuff in a weird way seems like you want to still have an opportunity to contact him. Don't do that. It will only make you look pathetic. I've done it and I felt s***ty afterwards. Just throw them away. Good luck!

how can I get over him, when I always see him! and the problem is we've just broke up for about 3 weeks, and now I see him that he got a new one! I want to forget him! Is it right if I'll return those gifts that he gave me? 'cause for me that's one way on how I can forget him!
  • 2 weeks later...

I am sorry to hear that you are going through tough times. Take heart tho coz i ain't better than you.

Last night, after a good talk with my brother, I learnt that listing down reasons why the relationship ended and why it shouldn't continue allows me a clearer perspective.

3 weeks is a short time. Perhaps he isn't feeling good either? Perhaps this new girl is just filling the void that you left? Isn't that pathetic?

Don't run away from matters? If you do see him every day, face him. I ran all over the country, went on holidays, changed my nos etc etc. The pain never ended. I realise that escaping is not a solution. It is only the healing process of accepting the change, adapting to the change and finding different focus/areas of your life that will slowly remove the hurts. Perhaps, prayers helps too.

Gifts are material. I am sure inspite of the present situation, you may like to keep memories of this? Don't be rash. In returning them, you may hurt him; surely you won't want to regret that.

There were many things I did that hurt my previous partner. One of which is the refusal to communicate when he hurt me badly and left me to my own. I regret the little things I did which didn't appear to be any massive harm but had their effects. Let's be careful with what we say and do. Let's learn to act in gentle consideration - especially since he used to mean so much, right?

Take care & share your feelings etc with a close friend. Sometime, having someone tangible feels better.

Hell no keep the gifts and go out and have fun. You will see that you can get over him quickly, esp. if you go out with a group mof friends