We both like each other but...

Gonna keep it short. So this friend of mine I had interest in finally told me out of the blue at a party that she kind of likes me. Since that night i tried to make brownie points on driving 35min outof my way to cook her dinner when she was sick multiple times n cuddled when i decided to spend the night. Confront her about that night few weekends after. Asked her if she remembers the night n what she said. She told me that she meant what she said..I'm the kind of girlfriend that she is looking for, but still is hungover her ex (had a bad relationship) and not ready to jump into anything at the moment. We've been friends since the year has past. I've been that friend that had an open ear and on my end thought I was friendzoned. The fact that she told me how she felt, I told her I felt the same. In response she wants to figure things out first.

She has had bad relationships with her ex in her past. Mine are all still good friends of mine so I can understand what she means that she doesn't want to jeperdize our friendship. (Still, A lame excuse IMO). I would like to be with her and I know I can turn her views around.

So basiscally my question is, should I continue on approaching her, or just be friends. I just want her to be happy and I know I can make it happen.

Edited by kimchi84