She checks her ex on facebook.... Eats me from the inside.

I was telling my girl that I was starting to check my ex-gf too much on facebook lately and thought of disabling my facebook. She said I should just block my ex-gf (who sends me "I miss you" messages from time to time). And so I did.

Yesterday she had left her facebook open on my computer.... and I saw she's been checking her ex too the last week or so. I asked her if she had when I saw her. She said NO, that she is obsessed and fulfilled with me. She said things are done once there's no contact for a long while... That's why she doesn't understand how I was checking my ex after so long.

She seemed so genuine... Yet she lied to me.

Should I break up with her?

Why don't you talk to her instead? Ask her why she felt the need to check up on her ex and then lie about it.

• Like 4
Philosoraptor

Doesn't seem like either of you are over your ex's. Seems like a no win situation staying, as neither of you are fully commited.

• Like 2

This thread is the same as all the other threads you keep posting about your girlfriend. She keeps checking out other guys and you keep whining about it. Yet as much as she knows how much it upsets you, she still keeps doing it.

Actions speak louder than words. She's probably just not that into you there champ.

Edited by Imajerk17
  • Like 2
  • Author
Why don't you talk to her instead? Ask her why she felt the need to check up on her ex and then lie about it.

And I tell her I snooped on her................

I don't think any part of me would be able to accept the shame after :p.

And no, I'm sure we're both over our exes. And I'm sure she's very into me. So much that she gets jealous even if a girl hugs me, or even for small things.

ExpatInItaly
And I tell her I snooped on her................

I don't think any part of me would be able to accept the shame after :p.

And no, I'm sure we're both over our exes. And I'm sure she's very into me. So much that she gets jealous even if a girl hugs me, or even for small things.

I'm going to ask the obvious question: why were you checking your ex's profile so much that it concerned you?

• Like 1
Philosoraptor

If we're both over our ex's, why the desire to check up on them so much on facebook? And on her end, why the desire to hide it?

• Like 3
  • Author
I'm going to ask the obvious question: why were you checking your ex's profile so much that it concerned you?

I honestly don't know why. It was just curiosity. It wasn't too much, but I could see how between that and her sending me "I miss you" messages, it was a danger I would rather not go through. Hence I took care of it.

She made such a huge deal out of it, yet she is doing the same. And I think her creeping on her ex is like a defense mechanism when we started having problems, since in her own words she is getting obsessed with me and she is trying to fight it.

Note: She is checking on me too and more than on her ex

ExpatInItaly
I honestly don't know why. It was just curiosity. It wasn't too much, but I could see how between that and her sending me "I miss you" messages, it was a danger I would rather not go through. Hence I took care of it.

She made such a huge deal out of it, yet she is doing the same. And I think her creeping on her ex is like a defense mechanism when we started having problems, since in her own words she is getting obsessed with me and she is trying to fight it.

Note: She is checking on me too and more than on her ex

What does she mean by that?

Also, how do you know she checks on you more than her ex? Is this something she told you or did you discover this on your own somehow?

• Like 1
  • Author
What does she mean by that?

Also, how do you know she checks on you more than her ex? Is this something she told you or did you discover this on your own somehow?

When I was looking at her history I discovered it.

She wasn't checking much on her ex. And then 2 things happened:

1. I gave her major insecurities by the thing with my ex. (She's cried several times in the last few weeks about it... I'm really sorry about that), but there was really nothing to be worried about... and I was taking care of it.

2. Her ex appeared on a picture with his ex. (They had had drama about her when they were together)

I think both these things turned on her curiosity.

I asked her about it (we both know the guy) and if this thing (him and his ex together) bothered her. She denied creeping on him on facebook (I didn't tell her I knew). And she said it doesn't bother her in the slightest, because she feels fulfilled with what she has. And at this point she is just indifferent to him. She doesn't even feel anger or anything. There's just nothing....

But yet after this very convo she creeped on him again the next day...

It must be said that this guy used to send her "I miss you" messages (just like my ex) and wanted to be back with her until very lately.

• Author

I found out my girl is still looking up on her ex.

I'm feeling weird. It really eats me from the inside....

She called me over, but I know if I go there all this negativity will go towards her and I don't want that, but on the other hand if I cancel it will seem weird...

Should I go?

Edited by a LoveShack.org Moderator