I was a betrayed wife

MsDecember

• Author
Congrats on getting away from this guy. It's one thing to get caught up in an affair in a mid-life crisis or when your marriage problems fall on deaf ears (not that that makes it any better) but it's another thing when these waywards start posting on Ashley Madison & Craigslist...THAT's JUST NASTY! That is where I draw the line. So, I say congrats to you for getting away from this creepy perv. I'm not going to sugar coat it, that is what he is.

It is truly nasty!! I agree this man has some serious issues. He had 2 woman fighting for him and then he looked for sex on business trips. I think he is incredibly narcissistic

• Like 1
Betrayed&Stayed
My MM never told me any lies.

You are the target audience for the OP's post.

A cheater can't cheat without lying. Period! Why would your MM stop lying just for you?

• Like 1
I originally did post this on the other board and it was moved.

I was being sincere and hopeful that maybe just maybe someone didn't have to go through what I did. 2-3 years of being deceived and after the fact thinking that someone believed a wife would really continue to live with their husband while he cheated. Unbelievable that anyone would assume that a wife would truly be ok with her husband sleeping in another room and treating each other like roommates!! This is not reality people. If your being told anything of this nature please know its likely false.

In the timeframe of the affair my H had, he was supposed to not only discuss divorce with me but to take care of some of the debt and tie up loose ends so to speak. He did nothing of the sort. In fact what he did do is create more debt.

It's just a damn shame that men don't actually leave their so called unhappy marriages before they engage with someone new. It seems all to often that a replacement is found before they would ever cut ties with the current lady.

This is a great post. I would like to press like at least 100 times!

findingnemo

Thanks for your post, Ms December. It is so sad how some people are such liars and create humongous problems for those that love him. Your xH was a pure breed a$$****.

In my A, xMM tried his best not to tell me any lies about his W, the state of his M or make claims that he was unhappy. So in a sense he didn't lie. But every time he didn't tell me the truth about having effed his W the night before leaving on holiday with me, HE LIED. Every time he told his W he loves her and she is the only woman in the world for him, HE LIED. Every time he told her he was traveling to my city for work or that the the trip was kind of boring because he missed home, HE LIED. By keeping certain information from me, and from her, he controlled the situation. Had I known the details like you have described, I wouldn't have stayed in the A very long. For example, had I known that perhaps they sit in the car and sing along to golden oldies, I would have been sick.

He really tried not to tell me an obvious lie but his entire existence during the A was a lie. Outright lies, lying by omission and whatever else type of lying, I am convinced that in an A the MP must, by necessity, tell lies.

• Like 1
ladydesigner
I am convinced that in an A the MP must, by necessity, tell lies.

Absolutely! I totally agree!

• Like 1
The way you wrote the post, addressing the OW, yes, you have a lot to gain. You want to feel better by rubbing it in all our faces or feel better and superior by warning us.

If I went to the Infidelity forum to post a "I was the OW" similar story I would trigger 80% of the BS reading there and nobody would thank me for providing wisdom.

/QUOTE]

But she didn't post it in the Other Woman Forum. This is in Infidelity.