Is he confident , shy or ?

My friend and I had a misunderstanding via text, I apologized and we were in contact after (though it took him longer than normal to reply) how ever when I met with him at our dance class last night he seemed nervous around me. He's normally one of the best dancers but kept making mistakes when dancing with me and not with others. There is a move where I've to put my hands around him from the back when I did his heart was pounding (also unusual). I'm also the only one he allows to put their hands on his stomach/chest when doing this move. I have him down as being a really confident person, that's how he usually comes across, do you think I'm wrong and why would he change? Also the couple who were dancing next to us kept looking at him strangely as I was behind him I couldn't see why. This isn't the first time people have looked at us like that. We have known each other a while and have flirted in the past.

When I got home I emailed him good night as I normally do and asked him to save a dance for me next week, hoping to show that the disagreement was in the past and to carry on as normal.

Edited by hoolababe