Friends moving into.....

Conflicted193

I've known this guy since we were twelve... We became good friends after high school and shared a kiss at age 19, induced most probably by the alcohol at the party we were at... This was 12 years ago. Throughout the years, we've hung out on and off, being closer friends some years, others just seeing each other around randomly - nothing romantic.

Reason why I'm conflicted now is that we hung out on Friday, played pool and then went to the drive in to watch a horror movie... It ended up with me cuddling into him (because, you know, it was a horror and I freaked out at points) and at the end of the movie, I kissed him. We spent the rest of the evening talking and cuddling and making out. It was a lovely evening and I feel extremely comfortable around him (as I have self-image issues). The issue is that I don't know if I want this now...

He's not the type of guy I usually go for, the physical attraction isn't that strong and I'm not a typical girly girl... And he's the romantic type (I hate the gushy stuff). He's not exactly on the same intellectual... path, as I am and I feel like I'm watching my language and dumbing myself down at times so as not to insult him.

I'm scared this all happened because I was lonely and a little vulnerable to his sweet nature. I'm willing to go with the flow but I'm not sure if it's what I really want. I definitely don't want to loose the friendship.

I sound like a whiny lil miss but would appreciate some advice/personal anecdotes to help me make a decision. How do I tell him nicely that I hate the romantic stuff, the goo-goo talk, talking about my feelings over the phone (he actually asked me "what are you thinking?" at one point on Friday), etc??

Thank you, L

Edited by a LoveShack.org Moderator
Add paragraphs and move to F&L