Was I rejected?

skyclimber

I was trying to approach a girl today. I got her number and tried to ask her out. However, she told me that she have 2 exams coming up next week, so she cannot go out with me. My friend told me that I am asking her out too soon.

Now I am wondering does she said she need to study for the exams means anything? Does that means she dont want to go out with me?

The second question is that is it too early to ask a girl out at the first day I met her?

a little ambiguous on one part. Did you get her number by asking her out...? like "hey u wanna go out sometime?" then she gives you her number? Or did you get her number...then ask her out on the phone for a date the same day?

Theres nothing wrong with making a vague ask out speech, like "hey you seem like a fun person, how bout we get together sometime?" Then a few days later you call and set up a date. If you call her right away, set up a date in like 2 days....then ya it seems kind of rushed/desperate.

Yup sounds desperate....if the guy asks for the number he should wait a day or so to call and then work his way to asking her out....