tattoo transfer paper...is that what it's called? Help I need to know what the.......

Does anyone know what the name of the paper is that they use to transfer the image of a tattoo onto your skin before beginning the actual tattooing? The kind that when you wet it down it transfers the image from the paper to your skin (not like a temporary tattoo paper) it's a form of "transfer" paper but I have no idea what it's called.

Or do you know if you use "stencil" paper if it can transfer the image when wet?

I know this is an off the wall question but I need to purchase this paper but have no idea what it's called and I've heard but am not sure if stencil paper will work.

Thanks for reading this and answering if you can or do.... :)

• Author

Thanks, I thought it was transfer paper as well but since the only kind they carry at the "hobby lobby" is iron on, well needless to say that won't work! I will try a search on that, I wish I could find a store that carries it so I don't have to buy online but either way thanks.....

• Author
Originally posted by on the edge

you might check some of the henna/mendhi supply sites. i know that at http://www.hennaking.com they have tattoo markers that are used in conjunction with tracing paper to transfer designs. hope that helps!!!

Thanks yes actually it did help, now through that site I found out that I need a special tracing marker which they carry around here and I can use it on tracing paper (which I have already) and transfer the image. Thanks that was the answering I was looking for!

Originally posted by tattoomytoe

OT~ but i love that avatat barby, it looks just like you!

Thank you! I keep switching between my own pic and animated avatars but I like my pic better so if i can give advice to someone, they can see who it's coming from (more personal I think). Is that really your toe and your tattoo?

yep, those are 4 of my 5 toes, with my daisy tattoo. love 'em! :love:

i paint my toes different colors, patterns, designs...then take pictures, outside in the grass, with flowers, etc.....

Originally posted by Barby

Thanks yes actually it did help, now through that site I found out that I need a special tracing marker which they carry around here and I can use it on tracing paper (which I have already) and transfer the image. Thanks that was the answering I was looking for!

your welcome!! i'm happy that worked for you! :)

• Author
Originally posted by tattoomytoe

yep, those are 4 of my 5 toes, with my daisy tattoo. love 'em! :love:

i paint my toes different colors, patterns, designs...then take pictures, outside in the grass, with flowers, etc.....

Cool, I always make different designs and colors, patterns, ect on my fingernails and sometimes my toenails, haven't taken pics of them though;)

I've moved on to tattooing now :laugh: