"Best message EVER!"

irc333

Funny, I recall people giving advice on how to tailor your message to a woman on a dating site to make yours "stand out" among the other men in her inbox.

On occasion, when I put my mind to it, I can farm out a pretty well written and intelligible message.

I had been doing that lately with the OLD scene...then recently a woman replied to me with, "Hands down, best message I've ever gotten. EVER."

But, that's all she said. She never addressed the questions I had for her in my email....nothing followed after that.

I even waited some..and still nothing.

So, I sometimes call Shennanigans with ALL the advice given out about trying to get a woman to even RESPOND to you or even take notice....that seems to put it all out the window.

"Yeah, my message was BEST hands down...so does that mean we go out on a date?"

• Author
speaking of dates... how did your date with 'no number' girl go?

Will be meeting up with her later today. :) She's confirmed it.

• Like 1

Perhaps, after much experience and trial and error, she came up with a copy and paste which inspired further missives filling her inbox and satiating her desire for attention from the opposite gender.

Lots of possibilities. IMO, if her response doesn't match up with the kind of interaction style you wish to pursue, then move on.

fortyninethousand322

Writing unique messages is almost always a waste of time. But if you insist on tailoring it, make it one or two witty lines about something in her profile.

sillyanswer

option 1: she's not interested but your message was good

option 2: you have to jump through more hoops and come up with a Best Ever Second Message, too, just to prove that it wasn't a fluke.

• Like 1

the message that I sent online which inevitably landed me my boyfriend was a one word message that only people in the military would understand. It made quite the impression on him ;) One word messages ain't so bad if you know how to do it right.

I'm guessing she really did like your message, and that is why it got a response from her, but she was not interested in a relationship regardless because other factors did not impress her (either profile photo or profile).

What was the message? I am guessing sarcasm too... and she was probably laughing and telling her friends about it.

• Author
I've sent that same message to several guys... as sarcasm. They never "got it."

Of course they didn't "Get it", because you cannot pick up on such things in written form.

To expect them to "get it" is quite foolish through online means.

option 3: she's using sarcasm, but forgetting that sarcasm often doesn't work in print.

Repeat above.

My experience with OLD has been that in the vast majority of dates I managed to get, they either "liked" or "winked" (or whatever a given site calls it) me, or messaged me first. Sending out messages to random profiles has been largely fruitless for me.