FB vs. FWB???

fujidabruin

Wondering about the distinction that people make between fck-buddies and friends w/benefits. Is there really a big difference? Tell me what you think even if you have not experienced. Please provide examples if you can.

I really like my fwb.

He's a true friend. He calls me when I stop messaging him on Facebook as I'm the type that loves sending lots of messages to my friends. He calls to see if I'm 'ok' when I'm not my usual talkative self.

We love hanging out in general. Without sex involved.

I enjoy him because he makes me laugh.

He thinks I'm a cool girl and he'd want to hang out with me without hooking up.

That's what I consider a friends with benefits situation.

A F buddy is when they don't show much interest in hanging out with you, or even talking to you; they only bother contacting you when it concerns sex.

• Like 4
  • Author
fujidabruin
I really like my fwb.

He's a true friend. He calls me when I stop messaging him on Facebook as I'm the type that loves sending lots of messages to my friends. He calls to see if I'm 'ok' when I'm not my usual talkative self.

A F buddy is when they don't show much interest in hanging out with you, or even talking to you; they only bother contacting you when it concerns sex.

Do you think you two might develop into something more than what you have now? What kind of understanding do you have about seeking other prospects???

I am pretty certain nothing is going to develop. We actively encourage each other to go on dates and we would both be really thrilled if either or both of us found the loves of our lives; there is ZERO jealously.

He is very averse to developing feelings for a girl; for valid reasons I won't go into here.

He's the type of guy who would only fall for a girl if he met someone he fell HARD for, instantly. He doesn't let himself fall for " great". He needs something REALLY compelling to make him seriously date a girl.

Likewise, I am very adept at separating sex and strong emotions. I have to like the FWB I am with A LOT, but not in a deep romantic way.

I honestly wish him the very best in finding a girl he wants to be with. It will put a big smile on my face. I really care for this guy.

He also really hopes that the guy I currently like and I end up happy together.

• Like 1
miss_jaclynrae
I really like my fwb.

This is exactly how I classify it.

I too had a FWB situation, we were coworkers and had a blast together at work. We also hung outside of work as well... we just happened to joke once about us being FWB and one day I invited him over and it happened.

We both made it clear it was JUST fwb and not going anywhere.

I have had FB too, we never hung out, just called eachother when we wanted to bang.

With either of them it was clear it would never go anywhere.

• Like 1

I much prefer a genuine FRIEND - with benefits, personally....

I have learnt recently through hooking up with guys on an overseas trip, that it does not turn me on or feel good at all really, to hook up with a dude who I have not formed some sort of a bond with, first......

I need to talk to the guy; we need to relate to each other on some level, feel comfortable around each other, and enjoy talking to one another. In addition to being mutually very attracted!

A FB to me is a guy who, frankly, does not really like you THAT much, seeing as he prefers not to talk that much to you or spend much time with you besides bonking. Although I am sure there are exceptions where the dude DOES really like the girl but is emotionally unavailable.

At my age, mid 20's, I have learnt that it is much more rewarding if you wait for a FRIEND with benefits.

I am not sure that all women can enjoy a friends with benefits, because, from what I gather, a lot of women seem to get butterflies if a guy merely touches their leg at the movies, or brushes their hand over them during their interactions....

I have to have romantic feelings for a guy to get all stary eyed, therefore it takes more than a hot guy whom I have chemistry with and also like as a person, to get me to fall for them.

Just be careful, anyone considering a FWB.

If you would get upset over them finding a girl they actually want to be with, you cannot feel bad about it; as it is not personal. It does not mean they do not like or respect you.

I'm confused about the differences between FWB and BF/GF.

My GF and I have been intimate for a month now. While there are feelings between us, neither is in love at this point. We are exclusive of course.

We talk often, regularly do stuff together and have lots of sex. Why is she not my FWB and vice-versa?

PutARingOnIt

FB= no talking, no texting, no phone calls until it's time to set up a time and place to have sex.

FWB=someone you can go out with and have sex with, talk to regularly but you are not committed to each other.

:p

• Like 1

My GF and I have been intimate for a month now. While there are feelings between us, neither is in love at this point. We are exclusive of course.

We talk often, regularly do stuff together and have lots of sex. Why is she not my FWB and vice-versa?

I have never been exclusive with my FWB or FB. That's the deal. Also, even with FWB, who I hang out with outside of just having sex, we don't hang out all the time.

With your GF, you might not be in love, but you've made a commitment to that person and you spend your time with her.

You make no such commitment with a FWB. And you don't (or shouldn't) develop romantic feelings.

miss_jaclynrae

Because you guys are in an actual relationship together... :confused:

Is this a real question?

FWB is where there is NO true relationship, just a friendship. A friendship with sex.

I have never been exclusive with my FWB or FB. That's the deal. Also, even with FWB, who I hang out with outside of just having sex, we don't hang out all the time.

With your GF, you might not be in love, but you've made a commitment to that person and you spend your time with her.

You make no such commitment with a FWB. And you don't (or shouldn't) develop romantic feelings.

So the difference between a FWB and a relationship is that in a FWB you are not exclusive? I'm not really sure what a commitment means at this point. She's my first GF.

Because you guys are in an actual relationship together... :confused:

Is this a real question?

FWB is where there is NO true relationship, just a friendship. A friendship with sex.

Yes it is a real question. I've never been in a FWB.

How do you know when the person you're having sex with is no longer just your friend? Obviously having sex with somebody doesn't automatically make them your partner.

miss_jaclynrae
So the difference between a FWB and a relationship is that in a FWB you are not exclusive? I'm not really sure what a commitment means at this point. She's my first GF.

How do you know when the person you're having sex with is no longer just your friend? Obviously having sex with somebody doesn't automatically make them your partner.

Commitment is when you have a girlfriend. That right there makes it not a FWB situation. What is so hard to grasp about that?

A FWB situation is where it really is JUST SEX. There are no romantic feelings (They can develop of course, but that doesn't change the dynamics, that just is a sucky thing to happen).

Do you treat your friends the same way you treat your girlfriend?

I sure hope not...

• Author
fujidabruin
Commitment is when you have a girlfriend. That right there makes it not a FWB situation. What is so hard to grasp about that?

A FWB situation is where it really is JUST SEX. There are no romantic feelings (They can develop of course, but that doesn't change the dynamics, that just is a sucky thing to happen).

Do you treat your friends the same way you treat your girlfriend?

I sure hope not...

So, would you say that the FWB situation is not suitable for a lot of people? Talking with my friends, I learned a lot of us attach love and sex in a relationship. So, if you have a friend you care about then it may get dangerous to involve sex into the equation?

Not sure why you see an FWB situation turning into something more as sucky.

I guess if you are never looking for commitment it could get in the way. So do you see yourself as someone that is not interested in commitment indefinitely??? Not judging here..... just trying to get an understanding of the mentality and the perspective one has when involved in a true FWB thing.

miss_jaclynrae
So, would you say that the FWB situation is not suitable for a lot of people? Talking with my friends, I learned a lot of us attach love and sex in a relationship. So, if you have a friend you care about then it may get dangerous to involve sex into the equation?

Not sure why you see an FWB situation turning into something more as sucky.

I guess if you are never looking for commitment it could get in the way. So do you see yourself as someone that is not interested in commitment indefinitely??? Not judging here..... just trying to get an understanding of the mentality and the perspective one has when involved in a true FWB thing.

It is sucky because I can guarantee more times than not, the feelings are NOT mutual.

If you attach love and sex, then definitely FWB wouldn't be for you.

Not saying you can't change though and try NOT attaching them. I had FWB and FB and I am in a very loving relationship where sex is very much attached to love.

It isn't no commitment indefinitely, just for the time being with THAT person.

Mine didn't last long, at the time I was too focused on friends and work to date, so it was a perfect situation. I still talked to other guys, but even when we stopped having sex we were still just friends.

• Like 1

Some dude.

A relationship is where romantic feelings develop. You gradually start wanting to devote more and more of your life and time to one another, to the point where you both want to share a house and a life together.

A FWB is literally just a FRIEND; who you fck.

There are no ROMAMTIC feelings involved to a large extent.

You're certainly not sharing a life with them; yet they are a genuinely important person in your life, as a FRIEND.

• Like 1

For instance.

My FWB locked eyes with a French girl at he airport on his way back to Australia from Russia, recently.

They went on a date today. He asked her to be her g/f after one date.

He said he felt something special about her.

Do I feel bad about myself that he felt something special enough to date other girls, yet not me?

uhh, hell no!

He really likes me and cares about me! He also thinks I am very attractive. It is just that he does not feel strong romantic feelings towards me that made him want to claim me as his.

Where as with my recent ex, I would have initially felt a pang of hatred and rage towards a new girl who caught his eye, since she would have been enough for him to want to try to be with, opposed to me NOT being enough for him.

When a guy I am into romantically turns me down and feels something stronger for someone else? I am P1SSED.

When a FWB has fun with me, and then stops once he finds a girl he actually fancies enough to be with? I could not care less.

I am really happy for my FWB:):):):) His happiness makes

happy:D

We both wish each other the very best. We are true friends.

I could not really care less if we never root again, frankly. Although it was hot at the time and it is nice to know we are there for each other when we are both single in life.

BF/GF: Sex? Yes! Exclusive? Hopefully. Friends? Hopefully.

FB: Sex? Definitely! Exclusive? No way! Friends? Long enough to get naked.

FWB: Sex? Sometimes. Exclusive? No way! Friends? Always and 1st!

Having had a BFFWB for years we have absolutely no secrets from one another and have gone for more than a year without getting frisky yet still chatting, sometimes in the middle of the night just to catch up and say "I love you". As far as either of us is concerned the last time we had sex could well be the last time ever but we will always treasure the friendship.

I think that the lack of pressure from the physical side allows the friendship to breathe just because of who we are. In other FWB situation the sex actually cooled the friendship as the "r" word kind of snuck into the conversation.

Real FWB's are capable of surviving marriages. A true friend will respect the other's right to a fully committed and exclusive romantic relationship with another, you simply retire the benefits and be a real friend.

Exactly^^^^

See, my "fwb" is dating a girl now, yet we still hang out. As friends.

My criteria for a FWB? Well, for instance: a very attractive dude I met overseas is coming home Sunday. I felt comfortable around him and he seems really nice.

He is the sort of guy I would push for a FWB with; too good looking for me for a relationship (he has more beautiful looking girls to pick from than me) yet I can tell he really will like me once we hang out more and is prob quiet attracted to me.

I do not feel a huge emotional pull towards him from the brief encounter I had talking to him overseas.

I basically look for guys I have no strong emotional pull towards, who are hot, and who find me very attractive sexually also.

They also have to be nice guys who I enjoy talking to; the friend part has to be legit, therefore we have to both like and respect each other.

We have to quiet like each others company, which we both do.

I am not sure how others work, but that is my ideal criteria when I am single. I am not into going out and hooking up with random guys anymore, I hate all of that.

Therefore, for me, a FWB is the ideal arrangement in life for me, as it takes ages to find a guy where we mutually feel something special when we first meet and we have not only the key ingredients to fall madly in love, but also compatible values and etc..

Bottom line: it SHOULD be hard and it SHOULD take AGES to find a person that truly works for you and where you're both completely in love to the deepest extent.

Most people tend to settle no offence.

FWB will likely and hopefully be my way of life for years to come, as I truly believe the right person is rare to find insofar as falling in love and relationships are concerned.

I never think my FWB will fall for me; I mean, if they were THAT into me, they would know right off the bat.

• Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...
Dragonfly668

Is there any good way to explain to your FWB that you don't have those squishy romantic feelings? After almost 5 months, mine seems to have tucked tail an ran because he thinks I have them, when I don't. Yes, we have good chemistry, and he's one of my closest friends.. but as far as anything else.. for me, it's just not there. I can separate the emotion out, sex is just sex. Now that he's running away, I find I really miss his friendship, I have fun hanging out with him, I miss being a part of his life. I don't need sex with him, there's other ponies out there, I enjoy it because we have a level of trust and it's comfortable.