How can you tell if she is into you?

ironmanpower

I've known this lady for a couple of years through a cycling group. We have been together on vacation with a group fo friends before. I've not really noticed her but only started developing some feelings for her in June.

I've asked her out twice before. The first time wasn't really a date as I was near her school and I text her and asked her out for dinner with some coffee. I didnt send her back after we hang out and I think she was pretty sore about it. I had to rush home and finish some work to meet a deadline.

The second time, I asked her out for a dinner by a marina where some yatch were moored. She was usually in jeans and tee-shirt but she took the effort to wear a dress. We had a good time together but I didnt' really hear much from her since then. It's been a month and I was usually the one who initated contact and we chatted online.

Last week, she initiated contact with me and we chatted for 2 hours online. We had a great chat and she said I was real funny and she felt better after chatting with me. Turns out she had a bad day. During the conversation, I realized she was trying to **** test me.

1) She told me a guy friend has offer to wash her bike for her. My response to that was that could he help to wash mine too. She said sure. This is a **** test right?

We were discussing on the books that we're reading and she said she wants to borrow Dan Brown's Inferno which I had finish reading. We setup a date for lunch this weekend as she was away last weekend.

Been difficult reading her, she has always been hot and cold. Sometimes her response to my text were not flowing and just a one word answer. Sometimes she's really open and will tell me everything.

I know she likes me as a friend as I'm funny but I'm not sure if she likes me in a romantic way.

Any thoughts? Should I just express my feelings and stop wasting time?

Philosoraptor
Should I just express my feelings and stop wasting time?

Yes.

Just ask her out and let her know that it's a romantic date. If she says yes, you'll know she's interested. If she says no, you'll be able to stop wondering and put your thoughts and efforts somewhere else.

• Like 1

Yes. You are so dumb..., when she initiated the chat or borrow stuffs from you, she just wanna find opportunity to be w/ u

• Like 1

I know she likes me as a friend as I'm funny but I'm not sure if she likes me in a romantic way.

Any thoughts? Should I just express my feelings and stop wasting time?

If she liked you "in a romantic way" you'd already know it by now. Continue to hang out with her only if the enjoyment that you receive from simply being in her company is satisfactory to your (i.e. she makes you laugh too).

I can't imagine hanging around someone, forcing myself into a "friendship" in the hopes that some loving is going to break out.

• Author
ironmanpower
Yes.

Just ask her out and let her know that it's a romantic date. If she says yes, you'll know she's interested. If she says no, you'll be able to stop wondering and put your thoughts and efforts somewhere else.

Well, our second date was a romantic date. She knew it was because I told her I had made reservations a week in advance.

For the third date, I suggested dinner but she prefers lunch. Not sure why though. Maybe her exams are coming soon and she doesnt want to hang out too late and I'm cool enough for her to see me in daylight? :laugh:

Yes. You are so dumb..., when she initiated the chat or borrow stuffs from you, she just wanna find opportunity to be w/ u

It makes sense, she was trying to setup an opportunity for her to be with me. Well, we'll see how the lunch date goes this weekend.

The guy asking to wash her bike is doing what you should be doing. You won't have an opportunity if you keep questioning yourself.

• Author
ironmanpower

Just some quick updates. We met up for lunch and she shared with me on her messed up ex.

Oh well, she mentioned she'll be working in a cafe soon and asked me if I'm gonna pop by.

Oh well, we made plans to go to an amusement park after her exams. Let's see how it goes.

Philosoraptor
We met up for lunch and she shared with me on her messed up ex.

Well that certainly could be a red flag.

• Author
ironmanpower
Well that certainly could be a red flag.

Yeah, thats a huge red flag! Here's some red flags:

• She's blowing hot and cold. There's inconsistency
  • She's bi-sexual and has had a girlfriend before (I don't date BI)
  • She's very sensitive