Should I tell my bf the truth about......

WaterlilySue

WaterlilySue

what happened in my first time? I hate to even think about it. Apart from 2 previous bfs before him, which ended in good terms I was raped long ago as a kid. I'm now a 21 year-old martial artist but till this day haven't talk about it to my friends nor any man.

In my mind, I've only had real sex and been in a relationship with 3 men (my bf being my 3rd). I've been with my bf for 5 months but don't know if I should bring this up. I feel I can trust him and with him, it would be the first time I'll be sharing this information with a man.

I hate my situation. Most of my friends and even my bf have wonderful stories about their first time while mine was by forced. My first real relationship was 2 years ago.

Yes you should be able to discuss this with him, and he should be compassionate and comforting.

Have you got therapy for the rape? Did you press charges?

• Author
WaterlilySue
Yes you should be able to discuss this with him, and he should be compassionate and comforting.
I know and he is a great guy. It's just that I felt so embarrassed to talk about it. Sometimes I still feel so dirty and continue to tell myself ''Why did you open the door without peeking through the door-hole'' over and over again.

Have you got therapy for the rape?
I did all the way till 8th grade. I think I might start considering getting another therapist.

Did you press charges?
My parents immediately the night it happened but it was useless because the guy already got away and till this day he haven't been found.