Did I scare him off

blueicedreams

blueicedreams

Ok. Worked with an older guy for about a year in a small office (literally). He was very flirty even though he knew I was in a long term relationship. He would always tell me where he was going out, but never asked me out directly. The more we talked I started to think he was the "one" and he made similar comments that he had not found the "one". When he described the "one" he was looking for, it described me. Long story short, we would flirt very sexual..nothing more. We both got laid off but still kept in contact. We talked about 3 times a week.

I went out of town with the girls for a weekend. He called Sat. morning and told me to kick the guy out of my bed because he wanted to talk to me. I had no guy in my bed...That night we text messaged back and forth like always. This time it went farther...I asked him if he wanted me, he said yes. Some drama happened that night that led to a rude message being left on his phone by my drunk butt.

When I got back in town we talked about the message and laughed because it was a huge misunderstanding largely related to alcohol on both of our parts. We talked regularly for a couple of weeks after the tiny drama. Everyone seemed ok.

Now he won't return my phone calls. I have stopped calling. I know he was interested a little...what I don't know is why the phone calls stopped. Does he respect my relationship, upset that he has no job and no money, or does he just not like me anymore even as a friend. Need help.

You might have scared him off, or it might be the other reasons you said. At some level, though, his "reason" doesn't matter. All you really need to know right now is that he is not returning your calls. And I don't really think it's likely that he is just sitting paralyzed by the phone, wishing he could call you. You folks had a silly little flirtation, and it now appears to be over.

I asked him if he wanted me, he said yes. Some drama happened that night that led to a rude message being left on his phone by my drunk butt

So now you know better than to ever repeat either part of this, right?