really awkward situation with a friend

So here's the deal. Both me and her got out of long relationships and we were pretty damaged. She's more recent and I suppose the wounds are still fresh. Anyway there was this party last night and we both got drunk. She was extremely horny and was hitting randomly on several guys and she got rejected (don't know why cause she's smoking hot). She got depressed about it and started crying and run away. After I saw she was missing for 30 mins or so I started looking for her and finally found her. She was cold and really drunk. i tucked her in and left but she called me to come back cause she's not filling good. She asked me to hold her and fall asleep. Well... one thing led to another and next thing I know is that I was touching her and she was moaning. She asked me to put on a condom. I did. We were making out and stuff BUT... after I got into her all of a sudden she got very sober and aware and started crying. i stopped immediately and felt like a douche. She apologized (I don't know for what). I asked her if she wants me to leave. She said no. So I pulled a mattress next to her bed and now here I am writing to you guys. The thing is I really care about this girl and I don't want to ruin any friendship with her. I would HATE myself for that. So how should I proceed? Should I engage her in conversation so that we put this behind us? Should I just act as if nothing out of the ordinary happened and try to laugh it off? I'm really confused :(