doeshe think i hate him?

Rachel

my problem is kind of complicated.

i have a friend and she has an older brother. he is 24 and i'm 17 so there is a seven year age difference. but i kind of like him. and at first i didn't think he liked me but then i was getting the feeling that maybe he did.

anyways, every week i go to my place of worship and this guy comes there sometimes. usually i say a hi and how are you to him or i say bye to him before i leave, it's hard for me to talk to him because the men and women sit on separate sides of the room and only come together when the food is served at the end of the service.

anyways, he was there today and i didn't see him until they brought the food and i wanted to go and say hi to him but my friends were talking to me and then i went to find a place to sit and eat and then by the time i went back to the food table to get a drink he was already sitting and eating with a group of guys i didn't really know. and i didn't have the guts to go over there and talk to him. i figured i'd try to say bye to him before i left, but that didn't work out either.

now, i'm kind of worried that maybe he thinks i'm rude or a snob. or maybe he thinks that i don't like him at all, when the truth is that i guess i'm more on the shy side and so it's harder for me to approach people. i don't want him to get the wrong impression of me.

i have a feeling you are going to tell me that i shouldn't be interested in guys seven years older than me, but i didn't think i'd get involved with him right now, but when i'm older, like when i'm looking to get married. so if you could please tell me if he thinks i'm rude or snobby i'd really appreciate it.

also, this guy doesn't really come to this place of worship so often anymore and i have a feeling he came partly because i was there because i think he kept looking at me when they were putting the food on the table. so i was afraid that since i don't talk to him so much and that since i didn't talk to him at all today that he will stop coming at all and that he will lose any interest whatsoever that he has in me. can you please help me, this is really bothering me, thanks.

my problem is kind of complicated. i have a friend and she has an older brother. he is 24 and i'm 17 so there is a seven year age difference. but i kind of like him. and at first i didn't think he liked me but then i was getting the feeling that maybe he did. anyways, every week i go to my place of worship and this guy comes there sometimes. usually i say a hi and how are you to him or i say bye to him before i leave, it's hard for me to talk to him because the men and women sit on separate sides of the room and only come together when the food is served at the end of the service.

anyways, he was there today and i didn't see him until they brought the food and i wanted to go and say hi to him but my friends were talking to me and then i went to find a place to sit and eat and then by the time i went back to the food table to get a drink he was already sitting and eating with a group of guys i didn't really know. and i didn't have the guts to go over there and talk to him. i figured i'd try to say bye to him before i left, but that didn't work out either.

now, i'm kind of worried that maybe he thinks i'm rude or a snob. or maybe he thinks that i don't like him at all, when the truth is that i guess i'm more on the shy side and so it's harder for me to approach people. i don't want him to get the wrong impression of me. i have a feeling you are going to tell me that i shouldn't be interested in guys seven years older than me, but i didn't think i'd get involved with him right now, but when i'm older, like when i'm looking to get married. so if you could please tell me if he thinks i'm rude or snobby i'd really appreciate it. also, this guy doesn't really come to this place of worship so often anymore and i have a feeling he came partly because i was there because i think he kept looking at me when they were putting the food on the table. so i was afraid that since i don't talk to him so much and that since i didn't talk to him at all today that he will stop coming at all and that he will lose any interest whatsoever that he has in me. can you please help me, this is really bothering me, thanks.

well for staters he is just a little to old for you and, well he may think your cute and sweet...he may also be thinking "Hay this is my little sisters frend and I dont need to be getting in any truble; one with police but manly with my sister and famly" ... you know??...he probly likes you in a way but at the same time it is one of thoes switchuwaytons were he JUST CANNOT. ....you know...?

I hope this will help. I try to speek from my experences, I have a little sister she is 15 and I'm 21 and she has a cuple girlfrends that hit-on me and have chruches, and there pritty sweet girls and sometimes i wish there were older but they are JUST GIRLS, and my sis has told me not to hit-on them it makes me almost feel like #####...you know?.. well good night you can reach me @ <e-mail address removed> if you want .......I think that all will be ok.........so smile :)

You worry way too much.

I promise you he fully understands that it would have been awkward for you to walk over to him when he was with the guys.

However, it seems he's pretty shy too because he could have gotten up and walked over to say hello to you.

Don't worry about this. He probably has already forgotten about it. You are way way way too sensitive. You'll see him again soon and things will be just fine.

It actually may have been good that this happened because both of you may appreciate each other even more as a result. You are very young so you better learn to stop getting so upset about these little kinds of things that happen all the time that have absolutely no bearing whatsoever on the future of two people.

wow, thanks so much tony, you don't know how releaved i feel. i just have one more question, there were a couple of moments when he was by himself getting food but there was no way that i could have gotten up and gotten to the food table in time to talk to him because by the time i would have gotten there he would have finished taking food and been back in his seat.

thanks so much for the great advice, you are amazing!

thanks for the advice, but see i didn't think i'd start dating him now, i just want to be friends for now. actually i don't think i really want to start dating until i'm ready to get married. this guy is the same way and he'll probably want to get married when he is about 26 or 27 and by that time i'll be 20 and that kind of age difference ishighly common in my community. so knowing that do you think that he thinks i'm rude, because i really feel bad about all of this.

thanks.