Mixed signals

PinkPrincess910

PinkPrincess910

Okay, this is kind of long, sorry. I have known this family for about 15 years. The older brother was my high school love (my 22 month old child is in fact named after him.) I join the army, him the marines, his sister the navy and baby brother (2 years younger than me) stays home. We all end up back home and I'm included in all family gathers etc. Baby Brother hardly ever shows up. I run into him about 5 weeks ago. We start hanging out everyday. I don't drive. He drives an hour each way to see me.

We do all kinds of INNOCENT fun things. We talk about our recently failed relationships and slowly, I start falling for him. My father goes on a destination wedding, about 5 hours away. My "friend" drives me down there. We slept in the same bed, he tried nothing. I mean NOTHING. Then, we get home and he says he wants to kiss me, but then I'll want more and he's just not ready, that his previous break-up was really hard and he just wants to move slow and we're having a lot of fun together and can I just give him time.

Well, he's not seeing anyone else, because anytime he's not working, he's here. He says he sees us together in the future because I'm loyal, I'm honest and he's never been around a girl who laughs and has as much fun with their life than me and its so sexy and attractive.

My question is, is he honestly just needing time? Am I reading to much into this and being too hard on him? Or am I being played? AND if anyone has any advice as to what to do next to try to put him in gear, if you guys think it's worth it...I'd love that advice!! :)

Edited by a LoveShack.org Moderator
ANewBeginning

Reading too much into it. Enjoy it while it is and let yourself go! If you were to post this a bit later down the track and he is still doing the same things, then things would be different and I'll let you into the juicy stuff as to why.

• Author
PinkPrincess910
Reading too much into it. Enjoy it while it is and let yourself go! If you were to post this a bit later down the track and he is still doing the same things, then things would be different and I'll let you into the juicy stuff as to why.

Then I shall remember you name if I need it, but I pray I don't. I really care abt him!

It could be he really is feeling vulnerable (and, if so, I'd guess he's not very experienced with women). It could also be that, by telling you he wants to kiss you but saying he's not ready for more, he's basically trying to put you in the position of encouraging him to proceed, in which case you'd be tacitly agreeing to a NSA situation. (i.e., you can't come back later and say, "I thought we were getting serious," because he already told you he "wasn't ready"... what the legal folks call plausible deniability).

• Author
PinkPrincess910

I posted abt this previously: "Okay, this is kind of long, sorry. I have known this family for about 15 years. The older brother was my high school love (my 22 month old child is in fact named after him.) I join the army, him the marines, his sister the navy and baby brother (2 years younger than me) stays home. We all end up back home and I'm included in all family gathers etc. Baby Brother hardly ever shows up. I run into him about 5 weeks ago. We start hanging out everyday. I don't drive. He drives an hour each way to see me.

We do all kinds of INNOCENT fun things. We talk about our recently failed relationships and slowly, I start falling for him. My father goes on a destination wedding, about 5 hours away. My "friend" drives me down there. We slept in the same bed, he tried nothing. I mean NOTHING. Then, we get home and he says he wants to kiss me, but then I'll want more and he's just not ready, that his previous break-up was really hard and he just wants to move slow and we're having a lot of fun together and can I just give him time.

Well, he's not seeing anyone else, because anytime he's not working, he's here. He says he sees us together in the future because I'm loyal, I'm honest and he's never been around a girl who laughs and has as much fun with their life than me and its so sexy and attractive.

My question is, is he honestly just needing time? Am I reading to much into this and being too hard on him? Or am I being played? AND if anyone has any advice as to what to do next to try to put him in gear, if you guys think it's worth it...I'd love that advice!!"

Well it has got deeper. He drove 3 hours to kiss me and leave the other day. Reminding me that this doesn't change our "friendship status." He asked me to make some phone calls and claim to be his girlfriend to get the answers. He sent me a text yesterday saying, "Don't fall in love with me, we have plenty of time for that later" and when we talked on the phone last night, he talked for a few minutes, then he attempted to end the convo. I got brave and changed the topic to sexual likes/dislikes. We had this convo for about 30 minutes. Then he reminded me we were just friends. What is really going on?

• Author
PinkPrincess910
You are a divorced parent? Served in the military somehow but don't drive?

I'm trying to build the stage here.

Correct. I have problems with my eyes, and migraines and driving is not advisable for me.

• Author
PinkPrincess910

I love this man. I laugh, I have a great time. His hugs melt me. I've been promised a kiss for 4 days. We spent 9 hours together today and I got not one. During this 9 hours I got tons of compliments, light touches, and fun. The last 5 minutes of our visit I got excuses. "Kisses lead to other things...." "If it isn't a good kiss, our friendship will never be the same." WHAT ABOUT WHAT I WANT?? I want to test the chemistry since neither of us are seeing anyone else. I am at a loss of what to say to him to help him understand, I can't continue this uber close friendship because my heart is involved and each great day we spend w/ one another gives him another piece. I don't want us to move in together or have sex tomorrow or anything. I just wanna see if there is romantic chemistry!! HELP!!!!!

Edited by PinkPrincess910