hooked up with old friend, neighbor what now?

youaremysunshine

youaremysunshine

Last week I went home to my home town. I ended up going drinking with my best friend and running in into my neighbor and old friend. He offered to walk me back to my moms house but we ended up at his. He didn't push me, I wanted him. The sex was good and he was very sweet and affectionate. So much so I almost felt uncomfortable cause it was just a hook up wasn't emotionaly involved but now I'm thinking more and more about him and I really want to see where it goes. Only thing is we live ans hour apart but he works in my city

He sent me the following email, I responsed the second and he sent the third. How do I proceed? Do you think he wants something more than I one night stand

---—-----------------

I would just like to say that you are one of the sweetest people I've ever met. I've never felt that comfortable or very trusting of people, or myself for that matter, but any moment when you decided to speak made me feel like I was there in the right place. I wish you happiness. You are exceptional, one of a kind, the best thing that could happen to someone. Don't beat yourself up anymore, it's they who cannot grow up and consequently lack the eyes to see who you are, and deserve you.

--------------—-----------

Thank you for your kind words and treatment of me last weekend, it was really more than I have expected or revived lately. I have become a bit gaurded but I can tell that you are sincere. You've shown me a very gentle side of you, a rare and valuable quality. You too are exceptional and not deserved by those who can't appreciate you. Nothing has really seemed right for me since I left hamilton. It was comforting to be with someone who remembers me before this confusing time.

Anyway I'm reading your book.

---------------

thanks for trusting me enough to share your thoughts. I can understand why nothing seems right. I feel the same way - although I've only moved away from Hamilton in my daily routine and outlook, people feel quite distant. I don't know how manage it, but I admire deeply how you have been able to persevere. To me you are the same as I always remember and thought of you, very giving, warm, comforting, and with sadness in your eyes.

We might not be certain of a lot of things, and... that's just it. I don't know how to finish that thought. I hope you enjoy Tess.

• Author
youaremysunshine

Also in the morning he made me talk to his mother!! I hadn't seen her in years and seemed annoyed when he didn't remember me at first. He had rather off-puttining told me I remind him of her at the bar.

Yes, he is 27 and lives with he's parents but he's working on a PhD so I guess it's cool.

• Author
youaremysunshine

I feel so bad for never considering he might like me! I was in a relati

onship for the first 3 years I knew him he became good friends with my ex, although they have drifted apart now that might be a complicatling factor

• Author
youaremysunshine

Yeah I am. I don't know if he wants to be with me or we just had drunk sad sex cause we are both lonely. I also feel self concious because he's a scientist and I'm a lunch lady essentially

I don't think you would have anything to lose by telling him you want to see him again/date him. If he declines you could just keep in touch by email and have lost nothing but if he accepts you might have a relationship.

It seems that he might be trying to tell you that he likes you with his last sentence.

I think if you meet someone that makes you feel special you should definitely give it a go or you'll always be wondering what if! Especially if you don't meet someone like that often. I don't meet many people I click with so always think someone who seems like a good match is worth pursuing. An hour's distance isn't that far. :) I wish you luck.

• Author
youaremysunshine

Thank you! I am really puzzled by the last line he wrote too. Certain of what?! Well next time I'm in town I will shoot him an email real casual like asking if he's free. I don't. Even know his number. He always came to my old place or I would just run into him cause we live in the same neighborhood.