Age Difference

I am currently involved in a relationship with a man 10 years younger than I am. We are very compatible and a long term future looks good. Neither of us has kids or previous marriages.

Almost all relationships with this kind of age difference that I hear of are onew where the man is older than the woman, not vice versa.

Does anyone have any experience or advice on dating a younger man?

As long as he is say, 30, or older, there should be no problem. I have seen several relationships where the male was significantly younger than the female and they are still working just fine.

Any relationship will work as long as the two people get along and the needs of each are reasonably met. The problem will come if, for instance, he sees in you a mother figure and at some point he no longer needs that.

As long as both of you explore your agendas, make known your needs, and have excellent communication there is no reason why you cannot have a nice long term relationship.

Maturity is a big factor in the equation. I have had many boyfriends who were many years younger than I but who were emotionally mature. So it is not about chronological age, unless you are worried that you will get much older-looking and his eyes will wander in the distant future.

But when you think about it, when you are 60, he will be 50 and when you are 70, he will be 60. In those age brackets, there isn't that much contrast.

As long as he is say, 30, or older, there should be no problem. I have seen several relationships where the male was significantly younger than the female and they are still working just fine.

Any relationship will work as long as the two people get along and the needs of each are reasonably met. The problem will come if, for instance, he sees in you a mother figure and at some point he no longer needs that. As long as both of you explore your agendas, make known your needs, and have excellent communication there is no reason why you cannot have a nice long term relationship.