"together" over 2 years, haven't met family...

He and i have been together over 2 years, exclusive for most of that. Within a month of meeting, he had met most of my family (kinda accidental, but...). At the holidays, I asked to meet his family, he said he wasn't ready. I was hurt, but 6-7 months can be too soon. Easter, he met the rest of my family. At our one year mark, I again asked to meet his family. He tells me no. Says "its not you, its me". Then says he doesn’t wanna break up, but he isn't ready for a serious relationship. I was astounded to be sure. It was HIS idea that we be exclusive. I was dating 3 others when we first met. So for the last year and some i have been in this limbo. Not in a relationship, not single. And I haven't had sex in what feels like forever. I refuse to have sex with Mr. Wishy-Washy. He is still giving me bologna answers to my inquiries abt meeting his family.

He lives with his mother and stepfather. (He is 44, I am 37). He tells me they have a great relationship. He tells me he is not hiding me, but I can't quite believe that.

I have tried being understanding and patient. Nothing.

I have tried confrontation. Nothing.

PlumPrincess

44, lives with his parents, doesn't want to introduce you to them, doesn't want a serious relationship with you.

What would you tell your friends if they told you they were in that situation?