Becoming FWB within social circle

I am an 19 year old male and I have just been partying and having fun but last night was the first time I flirted with an old childhood female friend.

I am not sure if I have been oblivious but as I messaged her last night she asked "what are you going to be doing around 10:30 P.M?"

She knows I get off from work at 10, and I am still shocked that she would approach me like that. Every time I hang out with her guys constantly try to flirt, and get her number even offering extra attention and free items.

I have known her since I was 5 years old and have never seen her in a sexual way. She helped me through my first break up over 8 months ago, and she knows 'I don't kiss and tell'.

1) Have you ever "friendzoned" someone?

2) What is your view on becoming a FWB within your social circle?

The more detailsed the better.

1. Yeah, I wanted to avoid relationships, so I interacted with women until they stopped sending signals and vibes (ie: window of attraction passed)

2."Don't pee where you swim" applies here. It can work, but if it doesn't, you're in a much worse situation than just wanting sex

A buddy of mine was in a similar situation and while it was the best sex he ever had, things degraded to the point where both parties resented each other but then again he has issues controlling his anger, jealousy, and confidence. I say go for it and gain some valuable life experience!...and sex :D