If a woman hits back her mother......

samsungxoxo

is that as bad as when a man hits a woman?

I was actually inspired by a thread about a mother slapping her daughter for calling her a foul name and another thread. Though this happened a long time ago already (4-5 years old), it was still wrong.

It only happened twice but both time I hit her back and she was shocked. The first slapped her on her arm and the second, it was a slap back. I didn't even go hard on her (had I done that or punch instead, she would be on the ground in real pain) but she was shocked.

Not sure if this belongs to the same category as a man that hits a woman. Both are awful and have something in common, in that she can't ever say you were the better person and you feel shame in that moment.

• Author
I don't understand the question, why is male on female violence in a separate category? Physically assaulting someone is always wrong, regardless of gender or race.
I meant the level of intense reaction afterwards. If a man hits the woman (regardless of the story), many will go ''Omg, can't believe you hit a woman, you lowlife (I have to admit, that would probably be my reaction as well too) and kinda of the same goes for if a girl hits her mother. If my other family members would have been informed, they would all be like ''Can't believe you hit your own mother, you should be ashamed of yourself'' and give me a hard time about how I should have been the better person and walked away. Edited by samsungxoxo

Absolute power corrupts absolutely. If any group, male or female, is given exemptions from any code of justice, they will INEVITABLY abuse the exemption. This is human nature. Nobody is above it. Which is why ALL must be equal under the law and ALL must receive the same penalty for the same offense.

*steps off soapbox*

I just expect all women to physically fight each other at some point, related or not. Preferably in jello while wearing bikinis. So no it wouldn't shock me as much as a man hitting a woman.

• Like 1

a woman hits a woman in defense. parents are just people. they do not own you. exercise your right to safety. a slap for slap. so what. other people dont fight back and pay a dear price in not only physical but mental pain and anguish. and medical expenses. you dont ever have to feel guilty about doing the right thing defending yourself.

i know you love your mother. its your life however set limits on how ppl should treat you.