Young people and dating another ethnicity?

Me too! I was thinking that I'm probably just more aware of them because I'm dating a white guy, but there definitely has been more of an upward spike in the number of such couples I've seen.

Given my experience I'd say it's black women are becoming more open to all men. Since starting college it was rare for me to hear from a white man that they wouldn't date a black woman, but it was pretty common to hear the 'stick with your kind' talk from black women.

Yeah, my mum's like that. Wants me to date black girls pretty much.

White girls show more interest - I get the most interest from mixed women though, which suits me just fine :). My biggest crush is mixed, when I brought her home the first time when I was 17, my mum said to me afterwards, "close enough" :lmao:

• Like 2
  • Author
You don't have to avoid people like me because like I said I'm white and I like white girls. Don't have such a supremacist attitude about your multicultural dating preferences. I see it as rather regressive you write off your own people.

I thought it was pretty obvious that I would avoid people like you because you'd be only interested in 'having fun' or 'messing around'. I never wrote off my own male counterparts and I have been attracted to many of them. My main point of discussion was that I am turned off by that attitude of not being open to a more serious relationship with a person from another culture when they are just as attractive or compatible to you.

• Author
Honest question. What is it about white guys that makes you more attracted to them?

My specific needs and wants in a man are just as varied as the next woman's. It's just coincidence that they occur more in Caucasian men. The physical and attraction and 'chemisty' is out of my hands and I've simply found it more frequent with white guys.

In reality, I've dated an equal number of both Asians and Caucasians. I just hate the idea of being limited because of close-minded people. More chances od finding 'Mr. Right', I suppose?

I thought it was pretty obvious that I would avoid people like you because you'd be only interested in 'having fun' or 'messing around'. I never wrote off my own male counterparts and I have been attracted to many of them. My main point of discussion was that I am turned off by that attitude of not being open to a more serious relationship with a person from another culture when they are just as attractive or compatible to you.

What is it like in Australia in regards to blending of cultures? Do you feel like if you dated a white guy, that you would share the same background regarding traditions and religion and family structures and such? That you grew up the same way, had the same values etc.?

• Author
What is it like in Australia in regards to blending of cultures? Do you feel like if you dated a white guy, that you would share the same background regarding traditions and religion and family structures and such? That you grew up the same way, had the same values etc.?

Being born and raised here, I can say that I personally am much less influenced by my original culture than other 'Australiasians'. Just like many children of Asian migrants, some of my friends are less 'intergrated' and very sheltered by their parents.

I once had a very unobservant friend finally notice after half a year of friendship that I was an Asian. For me personally, I have no problem relating my culture and religion to another Aussie's. I'm Anglican have an Aussie's laid back attitude. Therefore, I don't think pairing my lifestyle is a problem with anybody. I just wish more people would give me a chance to show this to them before they wrote me off as another 'status-seeking' person.

On the other hand, some people might prefer the excitement of a very different partner. And I love that attitude even more.

I'd honestly be a bit turned off if I was dating a guy who dated ONLY asians mainly because of the implications (fetish or whatever) but on the positive side to that, at least it would be less of a struggle explaining to them my background/culture since they're used to it? I am the first Asian that my boyfriend has ever dated. He didn't want me because of my ethnicity, he wanted me because of my personality and character. That is what I look for in relationships.

• Like 1