Too liberal? Or just normal?

Hey guys!

K, here's the story. I have a wonderful bf. We go out all the time to clubs or bars or lounges, whatever. We went out on Friday nite, and a couple girl friends of mine came too. I'm walking to my bf, and some guy starts to flirt with me. I talk to him for a minute or two, then go back to my bf. My bf sees this guy hit on me, and stands aside and waits til I finish. Later on my gf's tell me that my bf is weird for standing aside and letting that happen, and I'm weird for talking to a guy. And I said, well it's not exactly the most mature for my bf to drag me away by the arm, and I dont have to not talk to ppl, as long as I'm respectful and draw limits where I should. I don't give my number out, and I dont hide that I have a bf, but some friendly flirting never hurt anyone.

So, are me and him overly liberal? Guys, do you really get THAT pissed off if your gf talks to a guy in a club, and girls, do you honestly not talk to anyone else besides your bf when you go out? I'm jsut curious.

He and I do not go out of our way to hit on ppl, but if a girl goes up to him, I wouldnt hover over him or anything. I know he'll just feel like the hottest guy in the room for a minute, and then run back over to me.

Any thoughts?

well it works for you two, so that is what matters.

as you can see from your gf's... not everyone feels secure enough, trusting enough...what ever to do that.

i think it's great that you two can allow healthy non-threating flirty behavoiurs. It actually turns some people on to watch there partners flirt....and stuff, with others.....Swingers.

bluechocolate

I don't give my number out, and I dont hide that I have a bf, but some friendly flirting never hurt anyone.

It all depends on the flirting. There is the "other" guy who might just happen to think he has a chance. He has feelings too. But if, as you say, they know you have a b/friend then you're not really flirting, are you? Just talking to someone.

• Author

Thx for the input!

I wouldnt call us swingers...we wouldnt sleep with anyone else. I guess its just a healthy level of trust. Anyway, we're both almost 25 and we've been together since 22, and I think it just lets us both feel really sexy and attractive....like, hey....still got it!

I have a lot of girl friends who wont leave their bf's side when he's there, but will be wild when they're out without him...so I know a lot of couples wouldnt be comfortable seeing somethign or allowing something liek this.

Bb

savethedrama4allama

You sound normal. Guys talk to me at the bar, and I'll chat back, but I keep it short and never deny the presence of my boyfriend. What am I supposed to do when they approach me or stop me walking by? Pretend I can't hear them?

Just because I'm attached doesn't make me rude!

You're an adult and capable of handling yourself in these types of situations. I think it was rather respectful of your boyfriend to allow you to decide how you wanted to handle the situation.

I think if it didn't bother you and doesn't bother him then you shouldn't worry about it...Don't let your Friends Screw up what sounds like a strong relationship.