Loving my Abuser

dunn

I have been seeing this guy for a couple months and lately he has become very controlling. He had threatened my life and has been abusive. My problem... everytime he threatens my life i feel closer to him and i give in. I do not know what do to. Can any one relate.... has any one else fallen in love with a person that is threatening their life.

bluechocolate

....has any one else fallen in love with a person that is threatening their life.

Apparently it happens all the time, but not to me.

it does happen...but finding out why it is happening to you sounds like priority number one right now.

honey, you're not alone. But, noone deserves to live in fear all the time. take care.

Co~dependency..

Let me tell you that his behaviour ISN'T an indication of Love, nor is it romantic...

It's dangerous.

You have to seek counseling ASAP. This is not normal. He may end up really hurting you badly one day :eek: Please get some help!!!

It's because you are comfortable in the situation, you know at least you won't be alone even though you are in a relationship that you are not being treated well. Therefore your fear of rejection is greater than the fear of your own safety.

You need to break away from him, this is not love. You also need counseling. Him threatening you is not a way to show love. One of these days he will carry out this threat if this doesn't stop.

Does he threaten your life when you decide to leave him or...? I agree it sounds like co-dependency and you need to talk to someone about this problem...therapy is probably you best option...