Confused. What does he want.

For almost the past year I have been sleeping with this amazing(to me that is) guy. Time after time I ask him to make us into a relationship. Him, does not want one. Talk and email daily, as we are good friends. We both only sleep with eachother seeing as our lives are quite busy. I have tried walking away twice now, but he just keeps coming back, knowing how I feel, but still says he wants me as a friend and as always it ends up being the same all over again. Each time I say ok, because I am seeing that if he is calling and emailing me that it is somewhat a sign saying that maybe he just might want to be with me. That or I am just setting myself up over and over again for hurt.

Seems to me he wants to maintain the status of Friends with benefits..

IMO When someone tells you straight up that they don't want a relationship.. the best thing to do is believe them.

If you're okay with that.. then all good. However if you're NOT good with that, then accept it's up to YOU to determine whats okay for you and what isn't and as he has told you he doesn't want a relationship tell him you DO.

It's okay to remain Friends with this guy.. but I would "cancel" his "benefits package" and tell him, you wish to remain friends ONLY.

You've got to keep in mind that although You've walked away 2x.. YOU also allowed him to come back into your life and maintain the status...

Good Luck

• Author

Thanks sweety. The hard part is keeping it strictly friends when you want someone so much. But I guess thats the way it goes, cause I can't keep this up. I must learn to say NO. I get to be the all talk no more play girl.

Originally posted by sunlight

Thanks sweety. The hard part is keeping it strictly friends when you want someone so much. But I guess thats the way it goes, cause I can't keep this up. I must learn to say NO. I get to be the all talk no more play girl.

You're welcome;)

I know it's hard.. but isn't it worse to maintain the status where it is, knowing that you don't really "have him" the way your heart longs for anyway?

Wish you the best