Why is it impossible to tell the difference between friendly and attracted?

Seriously I always mess this up, thinking a woman is attracted to me when she is really being friendly. Everytime I believe a woman is attracted to me 100% of the time she was always just being friendly and I'm misinterpreting.

Seriously I always mess this up, thinking a woman is attracted to me when she is really being friendly. Everytime I believe a woman is attracted to me 100% of the time she was always just being friendly and I'm misinterpreting.

Hey same thing happens to me with guys. I don't know why we can't tell the difference.

• Like 1

Because it manifests itself in very similar ways (initially).

You weed out the "friends" from the "f*cks" by asking them out. That's all.

The sooner you do that, the sooner you have your answer. The less time you waste on someone who only sees you as a buddy.

• Like 2

Sometimes it is because women are attracted, but for other reasons they don't want to act on it.

Classis example, Southern white woman who is attracted to black men physically, but they would never date a ni***r for social reasons.

The simple answer to this really is only go for the ones only YOU want not for just every girl that appears to be hitting on you. I find that my brain goes into overdrive when I see a girl I like and I am totally different especially if other guys are around! It becomes a war-zone.

I get about 10 smiles and flirts a day but carry on walking, nothing wrong with them but I am past the need to shag everything in sight or work out if they are being friendly, interested or trying to get me to chase which becomes more trouble than it is worth if you do not actually like the girl.

The way around this is to ask some very simple questions to establish if she is taken and to find out if she is interested, you can most certainly tell if she is interested or at least I can by the boyfriend questions you get serious body language in response to that and know straight away if you should walk away, if she is lying or if she is so very game on.

I am not going to help you with that however as my questions are my questions ;)

Edited by Dallers
  • Author
The simple answer to this really is only go for the ones only YOU want not for just every girl that appears to be hitting on you. I find that my brain goes into overdrive when I see a girl I like and I am totally different especially if other guys are around! It becomes a war-zone.

I get about 10 smiles and flirts a day but carry on walking, nothing wrong with them but I am past the need to shag everything in sight or work out if they are being friendly, interested or trying to get me to chase which becomes more trouble than it is worth if you do not actually like the girl.

The way around this is to ask some very simple questions to establish if she is taken and to find out if she is interested, you can most certainly tell if she is interested or at least I can by the boyfriend questions you get serious body language in response to that and know straight away if you should walk away, if she is lying or if she is so very game on.

I am not going to help you with that however as my questions are my questions ;)

I do actually try to talk to women I'm interested in first, problem is I never get any signs of interest back and 100% of the time rejected as usual.

Part of the problem for me I never get any women flirting with me or really acting all that friendly so for some reason when a woman is just being friendly for a change I automatically think she's interested.

Now I do know to find out if she's interested or not just ask questions unfortunately 100% of the time I find out she is just being friendly.

Unless a girl is kissing, groping or f*cking you after several outings spent together, then you're nothing more than friends. That's how you tell the difference.

I think the op is looking for advice about what to do before you reach the wet and sticky stages and really it is about asking the right questions, pushing the right buttons and telling the signals from eye contact and body language. Then you can move up to physical contact which lets her knows you like her. From there she will interact with you and give you clear signs it is on should she feel the same way.

Every situation is different but i find this way works for me and gives me several chances to know i should be walking away.