Beautiful women everywhere, attractive men nowhere...

It depends on the perspective. Somebody here mentioned Kim Kardashian and there is nothing about her whatsoever that appeals to me. Overdone LA women do not really turn me on anyway. I am not attracted to men so I can't really what is attractive and what isn't but when I go to certain places 90% of people in general scare me.

Nothing? Lol I can think of one thing.

Nothing? Lol I can think of one thing.

Even if there is one thing the whole package just turns me off. I have been on Rodeo drive and the women walking around with the purse dog types just don't turn me on. Maybe I am unusual but that is just not my thing at all.

• Author
When it comes to attraction I rate myself about right as do all the women that have posted I'm sure. That's the problem. We are attractive and take care of ourselves, but we aren't meeting our match.

Like I said I come from a multiracial background. I'm in the wrong area when it comes to finding a guy with that look. I like white guys too, but I find I find the white guys on the west coast more attract than the midwestern ones I'm around.

*but I find the white guys on the west coast more attractive than the midwestern ones I'm around

I find the majority of men I see day to day are attractive in some way or another, but I have a wide range of traits that I find attractive.

Yea well, after looking at your pics I'm betting a very wide range of men find you attractive.

• Author
It depends on the perspective. Somebody here mentioned Kim Kardashian and there is nothing about her whatsoever that appeals to me. Overdone LA women do not really turn me on anyway. I am not attracted to men so I can't really what is attractive and what isn't but when I go to certain places 90% of people in general scare me.

I love Kim K. Beautiful woman. But even the most beautiful of women will not appeal to everyone. Everyone has a type. Everyone has their thing

90% of people don't scare me, they just don't do anything for me. West coast is a different story though. West coast turns me on more. Midwest blah.

I visited LA when I was staying with my in laws in San Francisco for about five months and I hated it. Just so superficial and you can smell the superficiality in the air. San Fran on the other hand I just loved. It's a shame that New York which I used to love living in turned into that.

• Author
Make a fake guy profile and join a dating site, and you will see the exact opposite.

It's my personal belief that dating websites are worse than meeting people in real life. People on dating sites seem to be even less attractive. The same goes for both men and women I'm assuming. I found a cute one on a dating site...but that was in another city...and I've been on the site for almost a year and he's the only decent looking guy I've messaged. So can we agree that dating sites aren't where the decent looking people hang out?

Question OP - what are you comparing attractive to? Is it a construct in your head that isn't measuring up? If you take your population - most people (men and women) are going to be average with numbers tapering out towards the extremes. There are equal number of the top men and women in every population in every demographic. That is reality.

If however, you are picturing someone in your mind and comparing people you meet to that - than you are just wrong. Not saying you're wrong about what you find attractive, just saying you're wrong about your expectations.

• Author
Question OP - what are you comparing attractive to? Is it a construct in your head that isn't measuring up? If you take your population - most people (men and women) are going to be average with numbers tapering out towards the extremes. There are equal number of the top men and women in every population in every demographic. That is reality.

If however, you are picturing someone in your mind and comparing people you meet to that - than you are just wrong. Not saying you're wrong about what you find attractive, just saying you're wrong about your expectations.

I agree about comparing people to someone. However, I think that in certain areas you find more attractive men. Los Angeles is gonna be miles ahead of St. Louis, for example (I've lived in both cities).

I agree about comparing people to someone. However, I think that in certain areas you find more attractive men. Los Angeles is gonna be miles ahead of St. Louis, for example (I've lived in both cities).

consider moving?

sometimes where you live makes a difference.

I grew up in an all white area. NO GUYS LIKED ME.

Now I live in a diverse place, I get plenty of attention.

I'm fine in MD, DC, LA, etc.

If I were to move to say, Texas, guys would probably not even take a second look at me.

• Author
sometimes where you live makes a difference.

I grew up in an all white area. NO GUYS LIKED ME.

Now I live in a diverse place, I get plenty of attention.

I'm fine in MD, DC, LA, etc.

If I were to move to say, Texas, guys would probably not even take a second look at me.

Where you live does make a difference. I'm glad you understand this. You're pretty. Guys should take notice everywhere. But I do get your point. Certain areas are just different.

thefooloftheyear

I was at the beach a few weeks ago...

My buddy texted me and asked me what the scene was down there...

Of the random 50 women wearing two piece bathing suits, maybe 5 or 6 had any business wearing them..And these were of all ages across the board..All I can say to myself is "wow, they must really have a friendly mirror or poor eyesight" ...Cottage cheese asses, saggy tits, back fat, and rolls of fat across the midsection.

Ill admit, there were a lot of man boobs and skinny fat guys as well...But to say that the world is just bereft with stunning looking, amazingly fit women is just not so...Not around here, anyway..And I am in Jersey...I can only imagine the scene at the pool in Ohio or Indiana.. :laugh:..(sorry in advance)

Im not being critical as myself I dont particularly care about bouncing a quarter off a girls ass. Just an unbiased observation of a typical day at the beach...If you had to pick 50 good looking people out of the crowd, you'd probably come up with 25 men and 26 women.

Carry on....

TFY

I don't get it.

I am in a small, coastal city in Australia.

However, I have been to Europe and America, and I have to say; there was no given place where I thought: wow, there are NO cute guys!

Plenty of guys are attractive enough for me to date where I live. And it is not a huge city.

Are there really areas that are barren of men who shower !?

Maybe you won't give average looking guys a go? What if they have a certain spark to them?

I have given a guy I was not initially that attracted to physically a go, and once I fell for them more, I viewed them as incredibly sexy and wanted to kiss them all the time!

OP is multiracial.

Australians, Europeans, and Americans have similar features.

Familiarity.

When I was living in and traveling around Asia, there were enough cute mixed race guys I saw that were cute enough?

I guess the OP has a limited look she is sexually attracted to, which she cannot help. It is not her being picky at all, as she cannot help who she is attracted to.

Look, frankly; people like the OP should probably just accept that they will either be perpetually single, or have to take a chance with men who she is initially not sexually hot for but she gets to know, and after time feels super attracted to them. THIS has happened to me^^^

I guess I can relate to where she's coming from. Being multiracial is hard. You're mother's side thinks you're not from their culture, and so does your dad's. Every other culture doesn't know what the hell you are (everyone thinks I'm from India/Middle East when I'm Hispanic/Italian mix) so that knocks out all the guys who aren't into Indian/Middle Eastern chicks. And I don't even know why white guys and black guys aren't into me. Once again, probably familiarity.

I appreciate someone who is "different" like me or can appreciate me for who I am. I still don't know who that will be. I find guys of every race attractive so I don't have a certain "look" i go for so who knows what I will end up with! I'm excited to find out!

Edited by emva07
When I was living in and traveling around Asia, there were enough cute mixed race guys I saw that were cute enough?

I guess the OP has a limited look she is sexually attracted to, which she cannot help. It is not her being picky at all, as she cannot help who she is attracted to.

Look, frankly; people like the OP should probably just accept that they will either be perpetually single, or have to take a chance with men who she is initially not sexually hot for but she gets to know, and after time feels super attracted to them. THIS has happened to me^^^

I agree with you. I think attraction is important to a degree but my gf that I was probably least physically attracted to ended up being the longest relationship I ever had. I certainly wasn't repulsed by her, but I was willing to get to know her before deciding whether or not she was "attractive" enough to be with.

My best friend is with a girl that physically, is way better looking than him but he's a super cool dude and slightly famous locally (musician). But when she originally got with him she didn't know who he was so it had nothing to do with that.

I often times hear women that don't know who he is say "why is SHE with HIM!" which really rubs me the wrong way cause he's seriously one of the best guys I know.

I've also heard women that know who he is say "I'm totally going to get that guy to eff me tonight". At the same time, these are the very same women that probably wouldn't have anything to do with him if he wasn't slightly popular in the community.

I don't think her question is that deep. She just wants to know why the people who walk past her down the street on a regular basis aren't as attractive as the people that walk past her down the street in LA.

As far as relationships go, yes, you do have to get to know the person whether you were originally attracted to them or not, before you can determine if you want a relationship or not with them.

I don't think her question is that deep. She just wants to know why the people who walk past her down the street on a regular basis aren't as attractive as the people that walk past her down the street in LA.

Because most of the people in LA are probably more plastic than a zip lock bag.

• Like 2