Beautiful women everywhere, attractive men nowhere...

I've been to many parts of the country and have lived in a few different areas, including L.A. One thing I've noticed here in L.A. is that the people are more fitness minded, and generally more style conscious. So they don't have the weight problems as much as other parts of the country, and both men and women seem to have a better sense of style here in L.A. They take better care of themselves and eat healthier also.

They're also pretty vain, shallow, and narcissistic too but I guess that doesn't matter. Too much smog gone to your heads?

• Like 1
  • Author
Thanks for appreciating men who take care of their appearance.

This is something I'm trying to do myself.

BTW, just curious, how much does height play into this? Does the guy have to be massively taller than you to be attractive, or is 1-2 inches taller enough?

And do you only find traditionally masculine/rugged faces attractive? Or are you also into the young/boyish look? (Assuming the guy is good in all other respects.)

I'm 5'7". My last guy was 5'8" and the one before that was 5'7", so they are both short according to American standards. I didn't care. They had all the attributes I wanted.

• Like 1
  • Author
+1

9's and 10's are rare, especially in the US, where half of the population is overweight. You'd have an easier time finding attractive women in many different parts of the world (sorry to burst your bubble, OP, but if you're walking around the US seeing WAY more attractive women than men, you have a low standard of beauty for women).

Anyway, I agree. Girls that hot are way more trouble than they're worth. I'm dating a solid 7 right now and couldn't be happier. :D

Disagree. American women are beautiful.

• Author
They're also pretty vain, shallow, and narcissistic too but I guess that doesn't matter. Too much smog gone to your heads?

At least the men are well groomed though. Beach bodies and nice hands and feet. Nice eyebrows and pearly white teeth. I'll take a high maintenance guy any day.

• Like 1
  • Author
It's not true its just that women are attracted to only a small percentage of the top men while men are attracted to various types and shapes of women.

AS far as basic grooming some of you must be in hick places where men dont care about apperance im in the nYC area and most guys i know clean up pretty well and try to dress nice and stylish

Desperately trying to move back to Cali where the men are well groomed and tailored.

• Like 1
  • Author
There are even more beautiful women in LA. They are professional beauties (models, actors). Could you compete?

Yes. I'm going back into modeling after this semester of college.

You've obviously never lived here. There are many types of men and women here as far as character, values, intelligence, altruism, many different cultures, many different ethnicities. To say everyone here fits into some Hollywood stereotype is just plain false. But they are, in general, more fitness minded and probably the one state in the nation that has the most health conscious, active and fit people.

The majority of American women are overweight, and even the ones who aren't pale in comparison to Southern European and Eastern European women.

• Like 2

Remind me not to go to LA then. Seems like the competition for women is hellish down there.

Which makes sense why women want to go to LA. However, I'm also confident in saying that these men is also very picky as well because they are aware of their status and desirability. I mean..."pearly white teeth"? The only person down here in Jacksonville that I have ever met in the past 5 years in person who has "pearly white teeth" is a pimp.

A PIMP!!!!!!

I hope holly25 knows what she is getting herself into. Sure, she may have a better overall set of men to choose from but I wouldn't be surprised if the men she wants only thinks of her as nothing more than a potential one-night stand.

If she thinks that going to LA is going to drastically increase her chance of finding her life-long partner, she may be in for a rude awakening.

• Like 1
Desperately trying to move back to Cali where the men are well groomed and tailored.

Lived here all my life and trust me, there are some GRUNGY dudes around :p

• Like 1

Um... most American chicks are overweight compared to their counterparts in other places in the world.

At least the men are well groomed though. Beach bodies and nice hands and feet. Nice eyebrows and pearly white teeth. I'll take a high maintenance guy any day.

Nah, only a certain type of guy. I've been to Cali and there's a lot of underwhelming dudes. The ones you are talking about fit the aforementioned personality traits I talked about.

You've obviously never lived here. There are many types of men and women here as far as character, values, intelligence, altruism, many different cultures, many different ethnicities. To say everyone here fits into some Hollywood stereotype is just plain false. But they are, in general, more fitness minded and probably the one state in the nation that has the most health conscious, active and fit people.

Yeah, because your Nor Cal brethren skew that statistic. San Fran and the surrounding areas are full of those types of people. I've been to LA and most people are desperately trying to scratch and claw at some piece of the Hollywood lifestyle. You can't say that for other parts of the state.

Remind me not to go to LA then. Seems like the competition for women is hellish down there.

Which makes sense why women want to go to LA. However, I'm also confident in saying that these men is also very picky as well because they are aware of their status and desirability. I mean..."pearly white teeth"? The only person down here in Jacksonville that I have ever met in the past 5 years in person who has "pearly white teeth" is a pimp.

A PIMP!!!!!!

I hope holly25 knows what she is getting herself into. Sure, she may have a better overall set of men to choose from but I wouldn't be surprised if the men she wants only thinks of her as nothing more than a potential one-night stand.

If she thinks that going to LA is going to drastically increase her chance of finding her life-long partner, she may be in for a rude awakening.

Hah, most girls who go to LA dream of being a reformed playboy's one and only and living the Hollywood lifestyle. I knew a couple of girls who moved out there. One of them got pregnant by some Mexican, the other one went broke in 4 months, the other one got addicted to drugs, and the other one is trying to be a party girl.

LA is not the place where you meet a life partner. People there are more plastic than Ziploc bags.

• Like 1